Royale 5/85; Oceanic 7/85, 5/86, 5/89
Veracruz 7/88; Fantasy 7/97;
Tropicale 6/98; Sov. Seas 6/99;
Sensation 5/03, 5/04; Glory 9/03,Triumph 9/04; Pride 3/05
Old June 20th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Fraternization Policy

Hello the onemermaid,
What country is he from? what language does he speak?

This is so romantic.....
Old June 21st, 2004, 04:17 AM
claucia

Good morning,
I am reading your messages, I work for the moment but not on a ship. I think I am interested in working on a ship, I am not that convinced though because I don't have an urge right now. It is just interesting, and I have meeting new people and new locations is very important for your insight.

Anyway, for the Theonemermaid: is you friend/boyfriend greek? I am curious. I have two citizenships: Romanian snd Greek. And I think Greece is beautiful as has lots and lots of islands.

Kiss you all, you are very sweet!
Claucia
Old June 25th, 2004, 10:13 AM
theonemermaid

He is an absolutely beautiful Italian and speaks..... Italian....
Old June 25th, 2004, 08:05 PM
on_the_water

I just finished workig on ships for the last two years and yes passengers and crew member get together all the time. If caught, it will get you fired immediatly. However, that all depend on how it is and what their position is. I once had a captain that would make out with a different passenger every week, and do so in front of everyone. He didn't care, but he was the boss. There was no one on the ship above him and therefore no one to answer to.

It happens from the captain all the way down the lowest man on the crew. You just have to be discreet about it. I once had a passenger kiss me in on of the bars and out in full view of everyone. I did get written up, but that was it. Again it has a lot to do with your position. If that were a waiter or houskeeper, they would have been fired on the spot. It's not fair, but it's the way that it works.
Old June 29th, 2004, 02:34 AM
Buffalo

It would seem to me that relationships between crew members would be far more common. Do any cruise lines have policies about this? I just finished a cruise on the Carnival Pride, and it seemed to be staffed by very attractive young men and ladies. Certainly nature must take its course between these employees who are often a long way from home. Can any cruise ship employee (current or former) shed light on this issue?
Old July 1st, 2004, 07:10 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Fraternization Policy

on the water,
Can you please email me at info@mypocketbank.com or info@pay-direct.us
I have an opportunity for someone that would help me get to these hard working crewmembers either be email or when in port, I don't know, you might shed some light for me. Please.
Thanks
Old July 12th, 2004, 11:21 PM
BEBE

I also had that happen and I am wondering if it is the same person. Was it on Carnival Pride?
Old July 12th, 2004, 11:29 PM
BEBE

Theone mermamaid...

Now I am worried in reading all your replies...the engineer I met was also Italian, from an island, and spoke Italian...

He even gave me a random email address, not a personal one... I am just asking because i really enjoyed my time with him and I would hate to continue somehting that he does weekly...
Old July 14th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Beginner

Is there a written set of rules and regs given to all crewmembers in regards to fraternization. Or is it just a wink, wink be good?
Old July 14th, 2004, 07:05 PM
DJB

okay side question... if hooking up on an airplane.. is called The Mile High Club...

What is it for hooking up on a cruise ship..... The Nautical Club?
Old July 14th, 2004, 11:03 PM
BEBE

That's funny
Old July 15th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Donalee

"hooking up" on a cruise ship - how about calling it the Poseidon Adventure?
Old July 15th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Sl

How about calling it, Part of the accommodations, and included in the price of the cruise. Cause what ever you do on a ship with someone that works on the ship, is just what it is. A good time, cause even the married ones hook up.
Old July 28th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

For theonemermaid:

Why do you have this guy's email address and password? Why would you want to be involved in a relationship where you felt compelled to check another person's private email everyday to see who he is getting email from?

You may also want to consider that a person can have multiple email accounts so the one you have access to may not be the only one this guy is using..................
Old July 28th, 2004, 07:16 PM
theonemermaid

Hi MB,

I do not feel compelled to check his e-mail to violate his privacy and I do not read it...
He gave it to me because when he is out on his boat at home, sometimes he loses his sattelite service when he is far out at sea... He gave it to me to check to see if he has opened MY MAIL (or any mail for that matter) if he has not opened his mail I know he is not able to access his e-mail until he gets closer to home. When I do not hear from him for a day or two, I know why...
Old July 29th, 2004, 08:29 PM
NS

Wow! I have been crusing for years on different ships and I have been in love with
at least one crew member and one staff member each time lol
but you only think its love! but its not! it is part of the Cruise!!
Those men and women that work on these ships are trained in the art of seduction
how to "please" the customer! The first time it happens you think your special
but then cruise after cruise after cruise you start to realize that there is just no way
all these men could want you! even if you are so pretty! after the cruise is over and you go home they get to meet and mingle and seduce so many other passengers every week!! Especially if you are an American women a White or light skinned american women most of these guys from other contries or from the islands just LOVE WHITE AMERICAN WOMEN because they think your Rich!! and opposites attract white women are the "ideal" fantasy for some of these caribbean guys!!! and I know that if one of the singers read this they will understand what I am saying! For example think back to all the caribbean guys who sing in the bands on the ship like the ones who sing by the pool every day!! they love flirting and most of them go right up to the girls and start talking to them making them feel as if they are the best looking women on earth!! when most of the time they are just trying to use an american girl for a visa !! for american citizenship!!!! look it happend to me on Celebrity on the Zenith and on the Century!! and I fell for it each time because you think its real at first!! But its either just for a one night stand or its just for the VISA!! but get a grip guys not all passengers are RICH!! anyway, I just had to write something because reading everyones posts brought back so many memories!! I would have loved them 4 ever and given them the life they wanted but at some point you realize its a big game for them! and you end up going home empty handed and heart broken!! and another secret I found out that if you are a pent house passenger its called " WORKING OVER TIME" some of the captains and his crew "officers" are allowed in a single man or single womens pent house for sexual favors and then they can recieve BIG TIPS!! its an added perk of being a PENTHOUSE PASSENGER $6,000 a week to live in the penthouse and you get any officer to sleep with for the night!!! this sounds hot and fun but if you have a real heart like I do its not fun when its all over and there is no one there for you the next time! only very few people find TRUE LOVE on cruise ships!! I used to think I could but now I realize its a game that I am sick of playing!! most of these guys confess that they have different women in different ports all over the world!! oh my god !! you would think they where like the rolling stones or some word famous group lol its just 5 guys from st. lucia lol and dont forget alot of these men have so many kids !! anyway, I will keep cruising but I wont be stupid this time! if someone really wants me they are going to have to go the extra mile and show some respect and show that they really mean it!! GIRLS dont be fooled!! you must be stronger !! Look out for those celebrity crew and staff members they dont follow any rules!! one of the singers asked if he could sleep in my cabin and I was on a family vacation with my baby sister and my parents sleeping in the same cabin! lol can you believe this guy??? write me if you want to excahnge more stories!!
Old July 29th, 2004, 09:32 PM
NS

Wow! I have been crusing for years on different ships and I have been in love with
at least one crew member and one staff member each time lol
but you only think its love! but its not! it is part of the Cruise!!
Those men and women that work on these ships are trained in the art of seduction
how to "please" the customer! The first time it happens you think your special
but then cruise after cruise after cruise you start to realize that there is just no way
all these men could want you! even if you are so pretty! after the cruise is over and you go home they get to meet and mingle and seduce so many other passengers every week!! Especially if you are an American women a White or light skinned american women most of these guys from other contries or from the islands just LOVE WHITE AMERICAN WOMEN because they think your Rich!! and opposites attract white women are the "ideal" fantasy for some of these caribbean guys!!! and I know that if one of the singers read this they will understand what I am saying! For example think back to all the caribbean guys who sing in the bands on the ship like the ones who sing by the pool every day!! they love flirting and most of them go right up to the girls and start talking to them making them feel as if they are the best looking women on earth!! when most of the time they are just trying to use an american girl for a visa !! for american citizenship!!!! look it happend to me on Celebrity on the Zenith and on the Century!! and I fell for it each time because you think its real at first!! But its either just for a one night stand or its just for the VISA!! but get a grip guys not all passengers are RICH!! anyway, I just had to write something because reading everyones posts brought back so many memories!! I would have loved them 4 ever and given them the life they wanted but at some point you realize its a big game for them! and you end up going home empty handed and heart broken!! and another secret I found out that if you are a pent house passenger its called " WORKING OVER TIME" some of the captains and his crew "officers" are allowed in a single man or single womens pent house for sexual favors and then they can recieve BIG TIPS!! its an added perk of being a PENTHOUSE PASSENGER $6,000 a week to live in the penthouse and you get any officer to sleep with for the night!!! this sounds hot and fun but if you have a real heart like I do its not fun when its all over and there is no one there for you the next time! only very few people find TRUE LOVE on cruise ships!! I used to think I could but now I realize its a game that I am sick of playing!! most of these guys confess that they have different women in different ports all over the world!! oh my god !! you would think they where like the rolling stones or some word famous group lol its just 5 guys from st. lucia lol and dont forget alot of these men have so many kids !! anyway, I will keep cruising but I wont be stupid this time! if someone really wants me they are going to have to go the extra mile and show some respect and show that they really mean it!! GIRLS dont be fooled!! you must be stronger !! Look out for those celebrity crew and staff members they dont follow any rules!! one of the singers asked if he could sleep in my cabin and I was on a family vacation with my baby sister and my parents sleeping in the same cabin! lol can you believe this guy??? write me if you want to excahnge more stories!!
Old July 31st, 2004, 05:54 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Gina Marie Send a message via MSN to Gina Marie Send a message via Yahoo to Gina Marie

hooking up on a cruise just means u get MORE than a mint on your pillow each night!
hehe!

Old July 31st, 2004, 06:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

You sound very sweet, very young, and very naive. I really, really do hopes things work out for you. However, if they don't..... you wouldn't be the first, or the last female to be taken in by a handsome, exotic officer on a cruise ship. Just read all the replies to your story. It happens every single day.

Best of luck.
Old July 31st, 2004, 06:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Fraternization Policy

The above message is for "theonemermaid".....................
Old August 10th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Srlp

I will say this..... NS is very right. That happened to me once and only once will it happen.

However the Matrie'd that I hooked up with is no longer on the boat, cause guess what!!! He got caught the week after I was off the boat with another passenger and was sent home packing..... Which serves him right.

Those guys on there will OFFER you the world on a GOLD platter and will tell you everything you want to hear and then some. Cruises are great and I will go on others, but I will never get tied up in a 5 day romance that isnt for REAL!!!
Old August 24th, 2004, 10:27 AM
ILuvCruisin

When I cruise I like to get "social' with the crew. find out the ifs,ands, and buts with the ship and ports. have some good conversation but that's it. The guys are always NICE and they love it because not many SBF's come on board. Yeah they think I'm RICH. and I let them think that. so needless to say I am always pampered but I set it straight from the beginning. No romance, no hanky panky. I'm here to have FUN and if you can help me do that without touching me then thanks a thousand times. Y'all (theonemermaid) better be careful. Hold on to your heart until the cruise i(yours or the worker's) is over and give yourself time to evaluate things. They all talk a good game but trust me the next cruise brings in a new set of...

that's it for my sermon. Keep Cruisin.
Old August 28th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Beginner

I have to agree with MB , the theonemermaid does sound very sweet, very young, and very naive. I see the italian officers taking a different girl to their cabin every night and/or every cruise. They can even have girlfriends onboard and they are still able to cheat behind their backs. If somebody tell you that he never dates, then that means that he never keeps one for a long time. When you go to cruise with him, see if he lets you answer the phone in his cabin, takes you to meet all the women onboard who work with him (especially the dancers and the steiners), takes you to crew parties with him, let's you eat in the crew areas with him, etc.... then maybe you have found a good one. But I am sure that he will try to keep you separated from them, keeping you in his cabin and making you eat at the pool restaurants and going out in all the ports. But then again maybe he only chases passengers and not crew members... If your officer was on the fascination in april as an engineer (fsengine....) and he lives on an island (did he tell you it was sardinia? or one of the smaller ones near naples?), then i think that you are one of many... so pay attention. Have fun, but be prepared for the end.
Old September 2nd, 2004, 03:43 PM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to foodstorekeeper

DJB,

If hooking up onboard planes is called - "the MILE HIGH" CLUB, then ...
Hooking up onboard Cruise Ships is called - " PORTHOLE" CLUB ... Gotcha !!!

THE ICEMAN
Old September 8th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Onemermaid wrote " went on a Carnival cruise over Easter and met an officer the first night on board. He did not come to my room as it was not allowed but I spent my entire cruise in his. We have kept in touch and e-mail on a daily basis. He is coming to visit me at the end of this contract and I am going on another cruise again in the fall as his guest."

Obviously, allegations of rape do happen on ships. Often by parents of teenagers who find out their kids were having a little too much fun.

To protect one's self, and officer risking a personal relationship with a passenger looks better if the passenger is in his cabin rather than the other way around. The passenger can't really say she forced her way in to the officer's cabin. It also helps if the officer's cabin is on a public deck (sometimes they are). Getting a passenger into the crew area is very risky.

But honestly, I believe it is an unspoken rule: don't ask don't tell. Mind your own business. When I was single and working on ships I personally dated four or five different passengers (and only one did I see after my contract was up).

Old September 13th, 2004, 08:39 PM
theonemermaid

After reading many of everyones comments, I was starting to get cold feet... Thank god for higher powers....
First of all, I am not young and naive... I am a 37 year old divorced mother and a business professional...
I happened to meet someone who touched my heart and my life in many ways... I was never looking for anything in the future but IF it happened I would consider it a blessing... As I said from the start, a day at a time, can any of us tell what the future holds?
I can imagine there are some "rapes" or unconsented sexual advances on board and I am sure many broken hearts and empty promises as well but there are real people out there with real feelings that do want more than the next passenger coming on board....
As I already stated, I started getting cold feet and having second thoughts... 3 weeks ago I sent an e-mail telling him I was not coming on my cruise but I would always like to remain friends... I had not heard back from him and figured maybe what everyone was saying was true... Apparently everything really does happen for a reason and some thing really may be meant to be.... I never planned on hearing from him again much less seeing him....
I stopped to get coffee on my way to work this morning when my cell phone rang... The LAST person I ever expected to hear from was on the phone telling me he loves me and misses me and cant wait to see me in 2 weeks... I freaked out and spilled my coffee everywhere... I tried to explain that I sent an e-mail telling him I was not coming... To make a long story short, he never received it (where in cyber space it is, who knows) He has been with out sattelite service on the ship due to the storms and hurricanes and unable to send or receive e-mail for a couple weeks... After I told him I could not come, that I already got my hours off, re -established at work, he was heart broken... After several more calls and text messages during the day he finally told me love is always possible... find a way! After talking to my manager who was able to pull some strings for me, I was able to get my original planned days off, off once again... I can not imagine that everything would fall into place at the last minute and that it would mean so much to either of us if someone upstairs was not looking out for us.... After several confusing thoughts this morning and a talking with a friend and my mother, the general consensus was I am not getting married, I am going on vacation. That I should go and have fun and if things do not work out we can end it... And as my friend told me "Don't be afraid of what might happen, be afraid of what might NOT happen, take a chance on love and take a chance on life, don't give up or you will never know!" I am once again going on my cruise not expecting more than a vacation... Who knows what the future holds IF ANYTHING but how many people are given a second chance??? I am counting my blessings... I never meant to start a round robin discussion on the how's, why's or why nots things happen only that they do happen... With that being said, when it does happen, follow your heart, just don't lose it....
Cheers!
theonemermaid
Old September 13th, 2004, 10:55 PM
on_the_water

GOOD FOR YOU! Go and have a blast. Who cares what people think or say. I mean no disrespect to anyone that has written in this forum. Everyone is merely giving there opinions and telling stories of their own experiences. I think that's a great thing, and even better if it helped open someone's eyes. Maybe yours. Maybe someone else who just reads the forum and never writes in it.

With all that said, opinions are just that. They're people's perspectives on life. No one can make their decisions based on someone else's life. We all ask for advice and opinions, but in the end we all do exactly what we want to. No matter what everyone else tries to tell us. That's how it should be. Live your life. Go and be with your man if that's what will make you happy. We're all wondering through this world in search of something. Maybe you've found what it is your searching for. If so, that's amazing. If not, then you had fun finding out that he's just a friend. Either way it is an experience, and that's what it's all about. But make sure you let us all know how it works out! Good luck, and have a blast.
Old September 14th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

theonemermaid....
I just recently came off a cruise as a guest of an officer on board (he's from Canada) and I too thought I was completely bonkers for doing so.... it was the best decision I made to go on that cruise. Some of my skepticisms were put at ease, my worries relieved (you hear a lot of stories) and it was the most incredible week. Go with no expectations and if anything just have a wonderful time and it will always remain that one story you will always be able to tell of your "sailor"! Have a wonderful time.
Old September 16th, 2004, 09:23 AM
theonemermaid

OTW and Electra

Thanks a million....

As I started out having cold feet, I am soooo excited now I can not wait.... Can't sleep, can't concentrate at work. What a great feeling!
I fly into Tampa in 11 days (and counting!). I am flying in a day early to check out the night life in Ybor City... I got an e-mail confirmation from the pursers desk yesterday and it makes it more of a reality...
Electra: Is there anything you would reccomend as far as packing, anything you brought that you didn't really need or anything you didn't think of bringing that you wish you had?
What time did you have to get off the ship when the cruise ended?
Thanks in advance! Any other thoughts or advice?
God, I am sooo excited....

Thanks to everyone for your help!

theonemermaid