Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2003, 03:53 PM
Kasey

Default How do I work on the Cruiseship

How do I get a job on a Cruise ship? I am a travel agent right now, so I know alot about what goes on I just need to know how I go about it?
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2003, 07:16 PM
gride

Default Re: How do I work on the Cruiseship

Greetings, I worked for Carnival for a short amount of time before getting fired for being a little to friendly with a female guest; even off the ship the rules are kept to a high standard;I guess the cruise director saw me in Senior Frogs with a ship guest
having a fun time on the dance floor.

I had worked for Club Med before the ship and again after for a total of three years.
I worked at many resorts around the world; at Club Med they want you to have fun and party with the guest; Club Med's policy is if the guest like you and you like them what's the problem..

I would look into Club Med if I were you; then again I don't know what you are after; I just know the rules are lax and you get to play as if you were on vacation when you are not working.

There are many good books on working on Cruise ships and resorts.
Take a look at the Club Med web sight www.clubmed.com it has all the info about getting a job. Take care and good luck
Old December 2nd, 2003, 06:03 PM
Kasey

Default Re: Re: How do I work on the Cruiseship

Thank you for the information I am checking out the website now. Where the auditions hard?
Old December 3rd, 2003, 02:55 PM
gride

Kasey, I was on vacation at Club Med and go the inside info on how to... I had to fly from California to New York for my informal interview.
I was offered the job that day and flew home to pack for Mexico. I was working in the Kids club; my back ground was in teaching. I did work at a singles club also
(crazy times)
I would say just be yourself ; Club Med is a bit of a glamor job so look hip and come to your audition ready to prove that you are a fun person to be around. Good luck
e-mail me if you want any more info gride5000@hotmsil.com
Old January 6th, 2004, 01:54 AM
sisa

Hey buddy,
I was working war carnival too long and let me tell you you really DONT wanna work for them. When I said Im through all the bull**** I was the happiest girl in the world. But before it wanst soo bad but now with all new managers no matter what department you work either you give up, you will just take it as a experience ro you bacome an alcoholic and you will love the best part of ship *CREW BAR*
Well good luck, but trust me its not sooo perfect job. It is alot of fun also but I have seen people going home depressed and broken from the management ****
Old March 9th, 2004, 07:34 AM
Passenger

appl y ofr a positions that advertised on cruise job agencies . good luck it s easy to get a job if that you want . what kind of job would like to do ?
Old March 9th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Do cruise lines have jobs on board for event planners?
Old March 30th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Renaldo

ya that would probably be what we could call the Cruise Director