Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 4th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Canadian Girl

Default Seeking advice

Greetings everyone:

Looking for advice for a first time Youth Counselor. I'm heading out next weekend to work for Carnival as a Youth Counselor on the Paradise. Any advice??? Cheers...
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2003, 12:49 PM
JuliaFL

Default Re: Seeking advice

Congratulation, Canadian Girl!

One bit of advice, travel light. Accomodations are small, and you will buy more stuff in ports. Also, be sure and let your friends back home know your new address as soon as you get it. That way, you won't have people checking for you on boards such as this one.

Now, the main dish, and that's the Italians. Hook up with one of the officers ASAP. They have the nicest cabins, and you might even get to blow off the weekly boat drills. It shouldn't be that hard for you, as they make it a point of scoping out the new girls every week. Just don't be too easy, if you know what I'm saying.

Hope that helps you out. Best of luck to you on your new adventure, and keep your stick on the ice!
Old December 5th, 2003, 01:18 PM
Cali guy

Default YOUTH STAFF

Hello, I saw your e-mail;I worked for Carnival three years ago as a youth counselor.
I had worked for Club Med before the job with Carnival. I had been on cruises before and thought it would be a great job. I had a good time a a youth counselor,
one of the fun jobs on the ship. The rules are not a lax as Club Med (read the post at the top"how do I get a job on a cruise ship")
I loved being on the ship; you will meet so many people from all walks of life. The cruise staff(you) can have the run of the ship as other jobs on the ship don't allow the crew to ever go in public area when not working.
The crew bar is great $1 drinks and the meals are great as well, the people cooking for you are in training to cook for the guest.
I was lucky to have my own rooomt he rooms are small but livable. The money is good when I worked on the ship each youth staff had one night a week to baby sit from 11pm -3am( this may have changed) at least you can watch Tellitubbies all night with the kids. Have a great time... What ports do you have??