Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2004, 07:14 AM
Sal2504

Default Working for Steiner as Fitness professional

Hi Has anyone worked for Steiner lien as a fitness instructress? I have never cruised, or worked on a cruise liner but would like to. Have been offered job in USA from June but costs seem high re uniform,medical and pay sounds dreadful unless you get commission?
Any Tips/Help appreciated

Sally
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2004, 08:34 PM
nuwcruz

Default Re: Working for Steiner as Fitness professional

Hi Sally

No, you don't get commission. The hours are pretty long I will tell you that. I wasn't a fitness instructor (nights in the crew bar killed any hopes of any type of fitness) but I did know the steiner girls (as most did) the instructors didn't work as much as the salon girls though and unless it's changed, they do some of the cruise staff things like hanging out in the disco to encourage dancing, where other staff are not allowed to go. It is long hours, not the best of pay, you're on the ship for 6-9 months at a time, but you do get to see a few different ports and you will make the best and closest friendships. If you don't mind sharing a little cabin with another girl, then go for it, It's an experience.
Old February 8th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I have worked on a cruiseship for a whole 8 month contact as personal trainer with Steiner. If you have any specific questions I will be happy to answer them.
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Welcome Newcomer

You do get commisions, and tips for your pt services, etc.

Costs of joining first time are a bit high but medical is required and uniforms too, Is not that much compared to what you can make If you go to a nice ship.
Old February 11th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Welcome Newcomer

ive just finished my last contract and I was making upwards of $1000 a week... but its tough