Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2004, 07:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Crew members and captain

I'm just curious. Do the crew members with no officer status ever get to see/meet the ship's captain? Does the captain ever eat in the crew members diningroom, and socialize with them if at least for a little while?
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Crew members and captain

Depends on who the captain is. I was cruise staff and I saw the captain alot. He'd show up at crew parties, and my friend actually grabbed his butt, not recognizing him in casual clothes. Another captain i had, had parties in his room, which is sweet. He'd also lay out at the front of the ship, but know one recognized him in his speedo. They also like to come up to the kids center and answer the kids questions.
Old June 25th, 2004, 08:33 PM
on_the_water

Default Re: Crew members and captain

Lori's right in that it totally depends on who the captain is. I would say that most captains never associate with at least 90% of the crew. This being because most crew members can't go into areas where the captain may be, and most crew are intimidated by the captain. Some captains are assholes and don't want to socialize with you. Then there are some who are pretty funny to be around. I once had a captain that was like my best friend. I would hang out on the bridge and sometimes in his massive cabin. I also had captains that thought their **** didn't stink. Those goes you just laught at at hope you don't give them a reason to get on your ass.
Old August 7th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Crew members and captain

hey you are so right!!some of them are assholes!!!
i was working on viking serenade and sun viking (7 yrs ago for 3 yrs) and the captain from the last ship(the only captain)was very down to earth guy(he's from england) and very, very nice guy!!!some of them are never even say hi to us(i was cocktail waitress)