Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2005, 10:54 PM
shella

Default guests and crewmembers

My sisters and i just returned from a cruise aboard the Norwegian Majesty where I met the most amazing guy. We really wanted to spend more time together and maybe have a drink when he got off of work but the rules state that the crew were not allowed in the guest areas and certainly not in the cabins as these were grounds for termination. My question, i'm sure there is a reason for this, but can someone explain why this is?
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Admiral

Default Re: guests and crewmembers

Well, I think it should be obvious. There are enough false accusations of rape going on as it is and cruiselines certainly do not want to pay out these huge lawsuits all the time. The crewman is correct as this is grounds for immediate termination. Our best friend worked onboard ships and still goes onboard occasionally and as close as we are even she would not enter our cabin without the door standing wide open. Those are just the rules. Her position is high enough that she is considered an Officer and fairly high up as well even though she does not wear a uniform. We have often stayed in each others homes and even travel together etc. It is not enough and the rules must be obeyed period. The fact that I am male and she is female or even that my wife is in the cabin still does not make any differance either. The cruiseline is simply covering their rears and that is totally understandable.
Jim

Old February 23rd, 2005, 12:53 PM
Yeoman

I appreciate those rules. It makes me feel safer knowing they're in place. Much like the security at the airports.

Holiday May 2000
Old February 28th, 2005, 02:48 PM
sarahgirl

Ummmm... let's say someone goes in your cabin and then you either accuse him of rape or something is missing? He is getting fired immediately. We were never allowed in guest cabins, unless the guest is sailing as one of our personal guests. Don't temp them, because they can get in trouble. If you want to hang out, get off the ship and hang out in ports. You can do that as often as you like, but don't let anyone see you "together"
Old March 1st, 2005, 12:30 AM
Hanna

Mostly legal matters, the companies watching their **behind** by making sure to remove any reasonable doubt! Which sucks for those of us who work onboard, cause we like to have fun aswell, but rules are rules and if you really think about it, it does make sense!