Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Kris Drew

Default Safety Professional Seeks Advice

Seeking advice from those in the know in this particular area.

I am seeking approx 10 months employment on a cruise starting approx Sept 2005 - if possible gaining experience in health and safety whilst working if need be in another position. I am an experienced Health and Safety Advisor currently working for a UK Fire and Rescue Service with health and safety responsibility for all their activities, including undertaking training needs analysis for health and safety & undertaking training and workshops on a variety of issues inlcuding personal safety. From a health and safety qualification perspective, I have a BSc 1st Class (Hons) Degree in Safety, Health and Environmental Management in addition to a MSc in Risk, Crisis and Disaster Management.

Other interests/skills that could possibly be utilising are an i-to-i Teaching English as a Foreign Language course (TEFL) & over 8yrs of running a karaoke/disco company, as well as vocalist in a duo.

If anyone can offer guidance or contacts ref. combining the skills I possess with future vacancies I would be very grateful.

Responses awaited with baited breath.

Kind Regards

Miss K Drew
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Safety Professional Seeks Advice

Miss K...

There are positions on ships for fire & safety personnel, especially fire. Also, you did not specify your second language, but that is always a HUGE plus aboard ships.

Good luck to you.

Old February 28th, 2005, 02:43 PM
sarahgirl

Default Re: Safety Professional Seeks Advice

I don't know if you want to apply as the Safety officer onboard. They are mostly italian men, but your skills seem to be up to par. Go for it. Its a lot of responsibility, but they get a lot of respect too...