Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Passenger

Default sixth star entertainment

Hello Everyone,
I received a call today from someone at sixth star entertainment regarding a position as youth coordinator with Celebrity. I have looked on their website for information on pay/benefits but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Has anyone worked for this company before? Will I be required to pay for my transportation to/from the ship? Is there a service charge for finding the placement? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: sixth star entertainment

Contact them at their web site...

http://www.sixthstar.com/

Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:47 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstella04 View Post
Hello Everyone,
I received a call today from someone at sixth star entertainment regarding a position as youth coordinator with Celebrity. I have looked on their website for information on pay/benefits but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Has anyone worked for this company before? Will I be required to pay for my transportation to/from the ship? Is there a service charge for finding the placement? Thanks!
Yes they are a very good legitimate company. I am not sure what type of contract you are applying for. I do art and craft classes for them. In this deal you provide everything and pay a nominal fee for the cruise and then get to cruise for free. I do not get paid and have to provide my own transportation etc. The benenfit is that I get to go on some awesome cruises I would not otherwise be able to afford. In my case my husband and I are retired so we look for the longer cruises - it makes more sense money wise and there are so many places I want to go. I provide all of my supplies and everything else, the only free part is the actual cruise but if you pick the right one, that is a significant savings. The people I work with at sixth star are wonderful, they help my out and provide all the information I need. So, I am not sure if you were looking for a permanent paid position which I dont know anything about but if it was what they call " enrichment staff" then that is what I just decribed to you. We have done this twice now and learn a few tricks along the way but I think we have it down now and really love it. Being part of the enrichment staff really gives a whole other demension to the cruise and on a long one it is pretty interesting. Its one of the best things I have done lately. I hope this gives you some of the info you are looking for. Thanks, Chris