Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

Old March 13th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to destinations Send a message via Yahoo to destinations
Default Celebrity Cruises

Hola!! I was just wondering if anyone had any input regarding working onboard Celebrity. I've been hired with Starboard for a gift shop position and will be leaving this month yet I still need the ship's name and sign on date. I'm 23 from BC, Canada and I did get to do my medical with my own doctor which ended up $378 Canadian. They first told me Carnival in Feb but now it's been changed of course as it 's march but to the Celebrity Cruise Lines. The question would be--if you've worked onboard Celebrity before and what's been your favorite Cruise line to work with. I know it's different for everybody --oh and any good advice on what to pack for a giftshop cosmetics position?

--I've read through this site and it's been fantastic for advice!! So thanks again!!
Old March 18th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Celebrity Cruises

pack clothes and cosmetics, shoes are good, and an alarm clock. Don't forget your passport.

Just kidding. I never worked in a shop but I would want comfortable shoes! you stand around a lot.

I would think being a shopping depends more on the itinerary rather than the ship. You want a ship in Europe or someplace where they are in port a lot. You don't want Eastern Caribbean -- you'll be working all the time.

Old March 24th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Kristen O'Reilly

Hi, sorry to bother you! I just found this chatboard too and I read your post. I'm beginning my search for a job on a cruiseline but didn't realize it was so hard! It seems like everyone just wants money! Is there any advice you can give to some strange girl? lol. I'm from ontario so maybe I should say for a fellow canadian instead. If not I hope you have a lot of fun on the ship you have a placement with! Best of luck
Old March 24th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

kristen- I got my employment through cruisedreamjob.com they are the canadian hiring partner for RCI, celebrity, Starboard and Cunard cruises...... go the website and send them your resume.
you can email me if you want more info