Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2005, 12:49 AM
Admiral

Default a girl in every port? Or cruise?

Just wondering if the single guys on cruise ships tend to have a girl in every port or a new one on most every cruise? I met someone I really liked who worked on a ship how common is it for staff to hook up with passengers, and will the staff member really get fired if he's caught? I think ships should allow passengers and crew to mingle more.
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:34 AM
America Pride

Default Re: a girl in every port? Or cruise?

Lets get serious. These guys are away from home for anywhere from 4 to 10 months. Of course they get what they want whenever they can! As far as getting fired....In the years I've been in this business I've seen it happen hundreds of times. The reason we fire for it is that the girls who seem to "fall in love" and give into the crewmembers advances always seem to be under 20 and mommy & daddy aren't to happy about little Suzy losing her virginity to some seagoing lethario. They tend to sue for millions of dollars and the company doesnt need or want that exposure.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 01:56 PM
Passenger

not comman at all....

crew tend to date crew...and not 'cones' as we call them
Old April 25th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Admiral

What is a cones? I know I had a few of the crew intrerested in me besides the guy I was seeing, as for the male passengers there was no one single that interested me period. The crew however has a lot of handsome guys, so your lucky Emma.
Old April 28th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Passenger

Well, on my ship, staff did get in trouble, nothing major, but it depends on what you do with them. If you are caught hooking up, you can lose privledges, but the staff captain could kick you off if he doesn't like you. Its really up to him.

Old May 4th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Admiral

P & O in australia is alot different than ships overseas. Its a floating pub over here. the club is packed every night. and people are drunk and up till 5am. average age is 25. theres heaps of singles and lots of 18 - 22yrs old.
its legal to drink from 18 in OZ, so everyone has fun.

activities during the day are boring as ****, as omly the old people go. lol expcept for stuff like mini olypics or belly flop comp. which is awesome.

i highly suggest everyone trys to get on P & O australia. its the best fun you will have. oh and as for the kiss thing and sleeping with passengers. most of the sports guys and cruise staff and myself as a Dj, had att least one passenger per 7 day cruise. usally 2 -3 on a 12day cruise.

sex happened every night between at least one passenger and a crew. its very differnet OZ. so please do not think its like this on american ships...ITS NOT.

3 people were disembarked on the ship while i was there. fact remains, it happens, no one really cares as long as both partys are happy. but once complaints are made, ur fired.

im kent brokeman... and thats my 2cents

cheers

ps: our deputy was sleeping with the cruise director and would let us ( all the ent ertainment boys) use his double bed in his room when we picked up. all he said... was dont gte caught.
Old May 7th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Admiral

Yeah you Aussie's know how to party, I've worked with a few girls from Australia so I know. Thanks for your candid reply.
Old May 15th, 2005, 02:48 PM
grant martinson

RE cones
or conning now there's one that I never heard until my sixth contract when I landed on a carnival ship.
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Admiral

Showcat, you are putting a crewmans job and livelihood at risk. Yes they can and do get fired for that. I have a very close friend who used to work onboard a ship and sometimes still does. She still cannot come into my cabin unless the door is open and even then only for a short time, even if my wife is in the cabin! Understand when I say close, we are truely like brother and sister and have slept over each other's homes many times and are even close to the parents. It does not matter, you are just not suppose to be in a position that could even remotely raise an eyebrow.
Jim

Old May 31st, 2005, 05:39 AM
Mandy Walters

I met someone aboard a ship and totally fell in love with him. He was a bartender and it started off very innocent with free drinks for me and my friends and then developed into much more. The third and second to last night on the ship he spent time with me in my cabin after he got off of work. I snuck him in there somehow without him getting caught. And the last night on the ship he took me back to his quarters and I slept there that night. He never got caught with me as we were very sneaky. I still keep in contact with him to this day and he is soon getting off the ship. I have heard from other crew members on this particular line that say they have a girl or even two or three on every cruise however the guy that I am seeing says that is not true for him. Maybe I'm just naieve enough to believe him.
Old June 1st, 2005, 04:24 PM
cruisinpaige

Default Re: Re: a girl in every port? Or cruise?

!
Emma they tell you that, huh?
They all love conin and tell the cones they dont hook up with the steiners--they are all dogs, I say:o) Best too keep it platonic--lasts much longer.
Old June 2nd, 2005, 02:58 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Emma...

You guys still call passengers cones? What line are you on?

We did that 12 years ago. In case anyone is wondering it isn't that perjorative, it is derived from "coneheads" because the most common question you ask a passenger is "where are you from" and no matter what they say, it sounds like Mr Conehead saying "We are from France" in that monotone voice.

Anyway - American Pride is right. And so is Emma. Think about it, women want "relationships" and men want "encounters" thereforem the woemn on board want to hook up with someone on the crew, while the men on board will date the passengers.

Yes, it happens, a lot. When I was single, I did both, but mostly passengers.

Old January 2nd, 2006, 11:16 AM
Beginner

yeah, I got conned. A crewmember came onto me, I was only interested in a one night stand but he chased me all over the ship and said "i love you", etc. Called once after I got home and that was it. Screwed up my emotions for awhile. Take my advice..if they have on a staff name tag...Don't bother! It's not worth it!
Old January 2nd, 2006, 03:38 PM
Passenger

i have seen crewmembers fired for screwing guests...so the clever ones dont bother..
crew tend to date crew....its` safer and there is more chance of a relationship...
Old January 2nd, 2006, 05:05 PM
Passenger

paul

I am the Emma from further in the post...just forgot my password so had to change!

I work for ccl...i am going to the Glory soon, suppose to be Spirit, but things changed.

To the people saying it is ok for crew to date guests..please do not, because really as was mentioned it could get someone fired. It is not just frowned upon, it is just not allowed. Why do you think people use the word " sneak " because if they get caught, it is not worth it.

Not many crew members are that tempted anyway. Most are very professional and save their fun for the crew bar!

It really is more comman for crew to date crew... i mean the average cruise is for 7 days...what can blossom in that amount of time??

My close friend was fired for going to the disco with a guest. and because she would not kiss him, he complained about her that she was chasing him and made her uncomfortabel. and of coursed "the custtomer is always right"

So you see....its just not worth it.

I don't see many crew having girls in the ports really...not comman at all.

Emma xx
Old January 2nd, 2006, 07:10 PM
Beginner

Default in response to Paul, emma or whoever..

This was a person on a Carnival ship who really made me angry enough to report him..except he told me it would mean his job. He did some things, however, that maybe do merit reporting. Like continously chase me around after I met him and then called me at home and continued with the BS. I was not aware that he worked on the ship until later and then he told me about the "rule". It's a good rule because it really soured me on Carnival for sure. I went to have a vacation, not a soap opera. And unfortunately, it still continues, at just a level to be very irritating.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Old November 5th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Passenger

?????test
Old November 6th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Passenger

????
Old November 6th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Passenger

In positions where the staff member interacts with the passenger (eg. Bartender, Hosts, etc) it is very common for staff and passengers to hook up. I knew a guy who "hooked up" with three in the same night and was of course fired...he was wanting to get out of ship life anyway, so he decided to get a good going away present!

As some people have said, I wouldn't trust a guy (or I guess girls also can do this) on your cruise trying to hook up with you as wanting anything other than a one-week stand, if you will.
Old November 6th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Passenger

yeeeey!!!found it!!!
Old November 6th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

The Dawn, do you work on a ship? You seem pretty confident on your stuff.

Anyways I think Emma is right, most crew are very professional and keep to crew/crew relationships, or just having fun in the crew bar. Its not like all staff crew are out for one night stands and what not.

It didnt seem like a really common thing, or at least people dont talk about it.

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old November 7th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Passenger

and then when they're done from the ship life,have it most,they got bored again,they want to be dumped PROFESSIONALLY.. . to go back to their real life ..
Old November 9th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Passenger

thanks down for the honest reply.i really didn't know any of this crew-crew,passenger-crew hooking ups are this common ,before i read it,it's eye opennig!and suck.i must be blind on my cruise.or maybe i was on family ship ther was no such going on.rci was controlling things better..
wonder if this's nature call,why they dont get a hotel room on port,then snicking around and getting trouble.and why not they noticed where're the nearest ,,,"{****$}",,i don't know that word,never need it one..
but i did guess for crewmembers,what would i expect when they jammed them all like a peanutbutter sandwich for 6 months.and some of them have really good relationship too.good for them..

As some people have said, I wouldn't trust a guy (or I guess girls also can do this) on your cruise trying to hook up with you as wanting anything other than a one-week stand, if you will.[/quote]

i think i totally missread last part.i wasn't expected any advise for my self.i did not been and never will be with any crew-staff member.non of them never attracted to me this way on ship.but i did yell out loud to my cookshef I LOVE you!!(couse he cooks so yummy.)and he replyed the same.i would do this even when he has his wife with him.he knows what i meant.
Old November 10th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul B
P & O in australia is alot different than ships overseas. Its a floating pub over here. the club is packed every night. and people are drunk and up till 5am. average age is 25. theres heaps of singles and lots of 18 - 22yrs old.
its legal to drink from 18 in OZ, so everyone has fun.

activities during the day are boring as ****, as omly the old people go. lol expcept for stuff like mini olypics or belly flop comp. which is awesome.

i highly suggest everyone trys to get on P & O australia. its the best fun you will have. oh and as for the kiss thing and sleeping with passengers. most of the sports guys and cruise staff and myself as a Dj, had att least one passenger per 7 day cruise. usally 2 -3 on a 12day cruise.

vomit happened every night between at least one passenger and a crew. its very differnet OZ. so please do not think its like this on american ships...ITS NOT.

3 people were disembarked on the ship while i was there. fact remains, it happens, no one really cares as long as both partys are happy. but once complaints are made, ur fired.

im kent brokeman... and thats my 2cents

cheers

ps: our deputy was sleeping with the cruise director and would let us ( all the ent ertainment boys) use his double bed in his room when we picked up. all he said... was dont gte caught.
After all you said very open,i want to hear whats your point of view to mrs Brimble incident,how do you going to interpret your observation as a seaman and aussie.just curious.
Old November 13th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Passenger

I guess I am curious as to what ship? The same thing has happened to me, I was on the same ship 5 times in 7 months. I guess I wonder the same thing as you, a neww girl in every port? I also wonder if my situation didn't get out of control
Old November 14th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Passenger

Default shipgirl5

and WHO KNOWS THE KIND OF SAFE SEX PRACTICES THEY USE.
Old November 19th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Passenger

i got a junk mail from online education center.
how come a subject can be so stupid and so funny same time,made me MAO .i can't help it!!

in retern,
needless to say it's all your JEWEL DUDE,hahaha...

hey!!!,someone have to stop me,still laughing.
Old January 14th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Beginner

Default re

i dated a crew member for 6 months and not only will they get fired if a fellow crew member catches them and turns them in they get 1000$ so it easy to get caught. and it is common for crew to hook up with passengers i have heard many tales and just like in life there are wonderful men on the ship and there are assholes. just keep your eyes open
Old March 8th, 2007, 04:58 AM
Passenger

from my 4 years on ship

i found that crew cannot wait to get away from guests in the evening time...
last thing crew want to do is hang out with the people they been serving all day long...
not meant in a nasty way, but the passengers are work really arent they...
and at night, you just want to escape that...
xxxx
Old March 25th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinpaige
!
Emma they tell you that, huh?
They all love conin and tell the cones they dont hook up with the steiners--they are all dogs, I say:o) Best too keep it platonic--lasts much longer.
The Steiners are dogs? or am i misreading this?