Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Dr. Nicole Puchner

Default Work on cruise ship as chiropractor

Hi

I am a 26 year old chiropractor looking for work on a cruise ship. I have only found postions as massage therapists. Which cruises hire chiropractors, and how do I get into contact with them?
A cruise around the mediterannean would be preferable.

Kindest regards
Dr. Nicole Puchner
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Chiropractic care for crew and passengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Nicole Puchner View Post
Hi

I am a 26 year old chiropractor looking for work on a cruise ship. I have only found postions as massage therapists. Which cruises hire chiropractors, and how do I get into contact with them?
A cruise around the mediterannean would be preferable.

Kindest regards
Dr. Nicole Puchner
Hello,

I too am interested in a position as a Chiropractic Doctor on board a cruise ship. I've 7 years clinical experience in the State of Texas and would love the opportunity to serve patients while afloat.

I've recently found an interesting article about the topic, found here: Are Chiropractors Needed at Sea? - August 2012 | Sherman College of Chiropractic

The service can be implemented at a low cost and would provide a number of benefits to both crew and passengers. For most patients, the goal of the first visit goal is pain relief. If that remains their only goal, they miss out on some of the benefits of chiropractic care beyond pain relief. Regular Chiropractic care has a number of goals including increased stamina, increased morale, greater overall health. Physiologically speaking, Chiropractic care relieves muscle spasms, reduces recovery times, enhances the immune system, improves oxygenation of tissues, increases nutrient flow, reduces stiffness and pain, promotes greater relaxation, improves digestive function, improves athletic performance, encourages cellular healing.

To read more about the neurophysiological effects of chiropractic care follow this link:
http://www.wellwave.net/resources/Gr..._SpinalMan.pdf

Again, I would love the opportunity to help the crew and passengers of a cruise ship. Please contact me with questions, comments or concerns and I'll quickly reply.

Dr. John Doyle, D.C.
drjohndoyle@gmail.com