Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2005, 04:41 PM
CruisinMaterial

Default NCL AMERICA Employment Question

I've been investigating employment shipboard and at the age of 23, I'd better act soon before I get too old to do it is what I've been told. With that said, NCL America is coming to Boston later this month. According to their website, you should register with them before hand but all they do is send you to another website for applying for a job. My dilemma is I want to be seen by them, although at present, I cannot accept cruise ship employment if offered because of a contractual obligation I have to my US land based employer who paid some of my tuition for the schooling I'm finishing in two days. I won't be ready to go on a ship until possibly the Christmas holidays or late January of 2006.

If anyone out there has attended a NCL career fair, could you give me a heads up as to what to expect? Also, did you sign up before going or just show up? Did they offer you something that day, even if you didn't take it? Were there people that you were aware of that didn't take the offered employment?

Thanks in advance for answering these questions. I'm eager to get on a ship. I'd prefer to do something that accentuates my outgoing personality like cruise staff but am willing to start off lower and work my way up and over if necessary!

~Jake
Sponsored Links