Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2005, 03:28 PM
buddygirl

Default Massage Therapy jobs

I am interested in getting a job as a massage therapist and need advice as to what most cruise liners are looking for. Also how long it takes to get a job in the spas. Any help and information would be fantastic.
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Heather Lodato

Default Re: Massage Therapy jobs

Yes I heard about the cruise ship jobs t
through a reliable source ,. and have been interested for a while now even
more that i am done with school ,.that being the main reason why i wanted to
become a massage therapist ,. and having a chance to travel will bwe worth it to
ps i looking forward to hearing from you thanks again
Heather
Old November 10th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to pager4
Default Re: Massage Therapy jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddygirl
I am interested in getting a job as a massage therapist and need advice as to what most cruise liners are looking for. Also how long it takes to get a job in the spas. Any help and information would be fantastic.

My daughter got hired through Cast-a-way.com (interview in May in Canada) and went to Steiner Spa Academy in London on Oct. 17/05 (she was notified that she was hired about 2 weeks later and then she set the date that she was willing to leave for London). After that, you are in Steiner's hands and it seems to be the high scorers that get the first ships. Some girls have been there 9-10 weeks but I think that the hurricane season in the Carribean had something to do with that.

She just got her ship details today and will leave on Saturday so almost a full month in training. The first two weeks seemed to be the worst. They have had rigorous training including presentations and exams but it seems to be paying off now. She stayed at the YMCA in Watford, UK for the first 3 weeks and has been at a wonderful homestay close by for the last week. The YMCA sounds pretty brutal and food was a definite adjustment!

My daughter was told they were looking for energetic people with good work ethics and was clearly told that there will be long hours. Given what she has gone through I think they have been accurate about bootcamp life but even with all of the information it has been a hard transition for her. On purpose I suppose...trying to mirror ship living?

It has not been cheap to get this going...while accomodation, food and training is covered, the other costs are substantial. Medical 190pd, Maritime Utilities Fee plus Steiner uniform 277pd, ship uniforms 160pd as a few of the major expenses (there are more) so be prepared. London in general is much more expensive than Canadian living.

She is heading off for the Jewel shortly so all said and done, she is excited!

Good luck in your search.
Old November 18th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Passenger

here is what you need:
Steinerleisure.com
online applications and lots of information about shipboard jobs in this industry. This also includes hairstylists, massage therapists and fitness instructors. Steiner contracts for nearly all the cruise lines.
My wife attended a interview/audition in Miami this past April. after passing this audition you will be required to go to London England for three weeks of training. After that they will assign you to a cruise line and you will leave from there to wherever the ship is.
If you have any further questions I would suggest that you contact Jan Green at jang@str.co.uk to find out when the next american interview is and where. people from all over the country showed up for this one in Miami. But it was worth it. when you go there take a little extra time and drive down to Key West, another great experience! Good Luck!
Old January 18th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Cruise Ship Spa Jobs

Good day all;

Cruise Ship Spa Jobs |*for more information and application
or email directly on*spaclubatsea@gmail.com*- I can then discuss company and vessels... contracts etc.

Are you passionate about the health & wellness and
hospitality industry? We are recognized
worldwide for our warm, caring professional staff. If your
standards are as high as ours, we’d love to have you join
our oceangoing team.

7-month contract | Room & board included

Openings currently available:

• Hair stylists
• Massage therapists
• Acupuncturists
• Chiropractors
• Nail technicians
• Fitness instructors
• Aestheticians
• Spa managers
• Assistant managers
• Spa receptionists

Applicants of all nationalities welcome. Must have at least 2 years experience in the same position.