Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Beginner

Default HAS ANYONE EVER WORKED FOR OCEANIA??

I'm signing on in Europe and working in the Hotel Dept as an Admin. I just wanted to find out if anyone could give me a head up on this wonderful cruise line. I've already spoken to guests, but I need the crew member point of view now. Thanks in advance to all who reply.
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2005, 04:53 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I have friends who work for them. I think you will love it. One thing people don't mention in this board much is that working on a ship is GREAT, but working on one that constantly travels around the world is even better! You will be on a different itinerary almost every cruuise. Thats how most of the shipsw I worked on were, and it is much more fun.

congrats to you
Old September 17th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Beginner

Default Thanks

Yes, I'm very happy and heard "nothing" but wonderful things about Oceania. I think I read somewhere that one man was unhappy, but I can't even recall what the review had said. My final opinion is that this cruise line really goes out of their way to make sure people are happy. Plus, being a smaller company with fewer guests per crew member helps out. I am also excited about the moving ports, so I won't be going back to Miami ever week to port. I find that so interesting. I can't begin to tell you how great this experience is for me, very different from the last one. I wanted to move up and work for a line with different standards of cruising and I got what I asked for. Patience and determination.
Old September 19th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Passenger

hey there--
congratulations on your new contract! i was wondering if you had a name at Oceania I could contact about a Youth Staff or Receptionist position. I've applied online, but so far I haven't heard anything. Thanks in advance!
Old September 19th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Beginner

Default Youth Counselor

Oceania does not have specific youth activities, so that is why you might not get a job for that. They don't offer youth activities like Carnival. You can apply on their website for other positions though.www.oceaniacruises.com. Otherwise, go to www.carnival.com and clock on "funjobs". Then send your resume there. Good luck.