Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Beginner

Default White Shoes

I am currently in the hunt for white shoes as i start a new posting in the next couple of weeks and this will be my first cruise. Can anyone tell me what type of white shoe is acceptable for a uniform as finding white shoes is turning out to be a big challenge. There are two types that i am contemplating one is a White Doc Marten and the other is an all white walking shoe (Sneaker). Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: White Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosnail
I am currently in the hunt for white shoes as i start a new posting in the next couple of weeks and this will be my first cruise. Can anyone tell me what type of white shoe is acceptable for a uniform as finding white shoes is turning out to be a big challenge. There are two types that i am contemplating one is a White Doc Marten and the other is an all white walking shoe (Sneaker). Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Please see the sticly I posted at the top of the "crewmembers" message board on where to buy clothes. These shops are in Ft Lauderdale and online.

Generally, what you want are white "deck shoes" which are kind of like a sneaker but dressier. Doc Martins are OK if they are not too trendy looking. You will do a lot of walking so you don't want to be in pain.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 05:26 AM
Beginner

I have heard there are a lot of variations of 'White shoes' that crew wear. What I would like to know is how lenient are they regarding this rule?

Would you, for example, be allowed to wear a pair of trainers (or sneakers) if they were pure white with no colours on whatsoever. Similar to say a pair of K-Swiss or the Adidas Stan Smiths?

Any help is appreciated

Liam
Old July 2nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
Familiar Face

Default shoes

Basically I have seen people where all sorts of shoes / trainers etc on board from plimsoles to doc's.

Sneaker's are fine as long as they are completly white (including any logo). Some of the guys on the ship I was on wore nike's which looked pretty smart, I'll probably get some of them when I go back.

I didn't have a clue before I joined so ended up gettting some £6 plimpsoles off e-bay , look a bit naff but they were nice & light (when spending 14 odd hours a day in them - this matters!).

The option is to buy the "safety shoes" they offer when you get on-board, these are basically like white doc's anyways but probably cheaper as you'll get them at cost - although they looked a bit heavy to me to be walking about in all day every day!
Old July 3rd, 2008, 03:10 AM
Beginner

Aha, cheers JerseyLad, You answered my question completey.

Now to find a pair of pure white Nikes
Old July 3rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
Passenger

My son works for NCL (formerly NCLA) and had to get Slip Grip shoes - black and white. Nothing too attractive to pick from but he did order his own this last time - otherwise NCL had them that you had to buy.