Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2006, 09:54 AM
Passenger

Default tatoos and shoes

I need some help!!! I have a small tatoo on my foot and have just been offered an interview with Princess (finally yaaay!) I was sure it would be covered by normal court shoes. But you can see a bit of it. Would quite happily get it removed for the job but do not think I will have time as it will require a couple of treatments more than likely.
Do Princess provide footwear or will I be able to get my own that are more closed in and would cover the tatoo? Or will they accept it if I cover it with camouflage make up? I am aware that this means a lot of work everyday to cover it but I dont think I would get it removed in time.
Cant believe after all this hard work I may yet fall at the last hurdle.... HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2006, 01:45 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: tatoos and shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrypow
I have a small tatoo on my foot and have just been offered an interview with Princess (finally yaaay!) I was sure it would be covered by normal court shoes. But you can see a bit of it. HELP!!!
Normal court shoes? Not sure what job you are interviewing for, but it never hurts to dress up. I would think some makeup & nylons would do it.

If you just cannot cover it up completely, then do the best you can. Anything is better than coming across as the type who flaunts their tattoos be purposely wearing clothes that show them off completely.

By covering most of it, you appear as the kind of person who will not be adamant about showing it off.

*IF* they appear to notice it, you can casually mention you plan to have it removed, and then ask what the policy on tatoos is. They are quite common these days. I am guessing a small, tasteful tattoo will not be a problem, but I could be wrong.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 05:46 PM
First Mate

I see a lot of tattoos on ship crewmembers - Just think of all the ex-navy guys with them up and down their arms!

Most lines do have specifications on shoes due to safety reasons, but if you have a job that might require you to dress in formal wear (just looked at your past posts - you're going for the shops?) You may need to think of what looks good with strappy heels? Female shoppies for my line wear skirts and full 'sensible' shoes during the day and casual nights and conservative formal wear/heels for formal nights. We have lots of people with back of the leg (calf muscle) tat's who wear shorts - they're mostly abstract and not terribly offensive looking.

Dress conservative for the interview - but do ask about their policy. I wonder if you can find pictures online of shops onboard and see what the uniform is?

good luck!
Old January 24th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Passenger

Their policy is no visible tatoos whilst in uniform. Oh dear! I guess though that I would be able to find shoes to cover it so shouldnt be a problem and the rest of the time I wont be in uniform so it wont be a problem....???
Old March 6th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Passenger

Princess do not supply footwear, they expect you to find the right kind for yourself. Don't stress over a little tattoo in a place where probably no one's going to be looking anyhow, although if you can cover it up it's best to do so. As most ships are not keen on open shoes at all you should be fine.

Rachel