Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to geribe
Default Info requested on Cruise Liner Callups

Hi there

A friend of mine was offered a job with Carnival as photographer in December & just wanted to know whether it's normal to wait so long to get a call-up. He was informed that they'll contact him & then he needs to do the medical exam. He just wants to know the timeline when he could expect a call from the cruise liner.

Trefor
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Passenger

It can take a long time. Not sure for Carnival, but I know Celebrity used to have 6 months waiting. Plus for a photog. it's a matter of having exactly the right place, that is they take you on as Photographer number 5 for example, you have to wait until another Photog 5 is either promoted or leaves so you can take their place. PLUS you have to be the right gender, due to cabin space restrictions, so if the previous photog was female they'll be needing another female to take the cabin space.
They can juggle staff around, but they have to take account of lots of stuff.
If the place is offered he'll go eventually. If he's got the medical papers (the questionnaire for the doc with all the tests required), might be a good idea to get it arranged as the test results take some time to come through sometimes, mine took three weeks after the tests and I had to wait for an appointment in the first place. At least get in touch with the doc you want to do it, not all of them can or will, and costs can vary as well.
A little polite call or e-mail to Carnival to enquire about the situation wouldn't hurt either.
Hope that helps.
Old April 18th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I haven't heard an update. Have you been called yet? I'll tell you, for me I always ended up going sooner than I expected. I also suggest calling someone back. Was it actually the cruise line who told you about the job, or some kind of agency?
Old April 24th, 2006, 03:48 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to geribe

yeah my friend he got an answer from them. He's starting on the 23 June based in Miami on Imagination. I am so thrilled for his part. Now I'm waiting with some huge eagerness to hear on my application. He actually wanted to know whether the starting date on the contract is set in stone or does it happen that it get changed as it states on the contract. He was told to stay in the country if there is a changes on his callup date as he wants to visit UK before joining up in Miami.