Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Beginner

Default salary in month for fitness instructor by steiner??

hi
sorry for my bad englisch im from europe/austria.
my question is about the fitness(personal trainer)instructor job.
how mutch can i earn/in a month in this position on board??
i mean its by a litle by confuse for my the pay system-commision???
when i work in german or austria as a trainer/personal trainer in 2-3 gyms i can earn 3000$ thats no problem.
but how look this on a ship?
i mean i live in a litle cabin 8 months whit a other guy,have no private live ,work 12 houers 5-6day/week
and for how mutch??thas the big question..
work here on board somoene on a ship as a fitness trainer??

my mail is tedmartin27@networld.at

thanks for helping..
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I would guess it pays very little, maybe $250/week. The benefits make up for the low salary. Just a guess, though.
Old February 26th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Familiar Face

It depends on how much you sell, you work based on commission. Seen guys make 1500+ a week, also seen guys make 300 a month.. Average is probably around 1500 a month.. But plusside; you travel, sleep and eat for free.
Check out my blog about working on a cruiseship as personal trainer at; Information about working as Personal Trainer on Cruise Ships: Home
Old February 11th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi I know its an old post but I feel I should make sure you get your info correct before advising others

As a PT with steiner you have potential to make a lot of money! I was with princess and made upwards of $1000 per week infact most of the time closer to $2000.. all down to sales.

if you want to make money you must commit to atleast 2 years with the company and be willing to work hard. the reason I say 2 years is you have no say in what your first ship may be so you might get a world cruise (which is awful for $$) you can choose for your second contract and I would advise a princess ship with Alaskan itinerary as it is just awesome.. less hours more money! 20 weeks living like a king, working only 2-3 full days a week and making bucket loads of cash!