Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 18th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Beginner

Default Need an advice on cruise ship job...

I cover over a decade of experience in IT and TV/Production/Broadcast industry in various positions (technical, management, consultant, etc.). Until now I worked in positions which required a great deal of skills and experiences, so my resume is reasonably strong. I need an advice on this, well I am not sure about Cruise Line companies being keen on people with too much management experience (for a shipboard position), so what do you think, what would be the best solution, to apply with my full resume or to lean it a little for a particular position? I am a 32 years old single, and I want to work on a cruise ship because I am looking for new kind of challenges and a new environment. I also can begin immediately and my usual working time was close to 12-14 hours/day during the last 10 years, so generally I am a hard worker. I was also a consumer of products and services of the hospitability industry all over the world, so I have pretty much experience being a guest as well - perhaps an important thing for a management position on a cruise ship.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2006, 01:58 AM
Passenger

Lean your resume. A one page CV cannot possibly define your life experiences and history but only serve as a basic outline of who you are. Try to focus on related skills/experience which fits well with the position you are looking for. It's great to have mgmt experience and recruiters look for people with diverse skills...I have heard lots of positions onboard are filled inhouse. Your diverse and skillful background might get you a better job in the future. Also, itmight be wise to keep a hard/soft copy of your full CV on hand for future opportunities.
Old August 20th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to mrxango

Hi Maverick,

If you're looking for the most recent, proven techniques and tips on how to get a cruise ship job, I suggest you go to: www.tinyurl.com/neue2.

Best of luck!

Keith
Old August 25th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Passenger

Default IT resume suggestion.....

I worked on ships for ten years..... weed out any management skills. The IT officer onboard pretty much works alone.