Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to sunset1823
Default To pay or not to pay

Has anyone used the service "cruisejobfinder" and had positive results? I have read in previous posts that you shouldn't have to pay for someone to help you get a job on board, but yet I keep seeing people refer to this one as a place to apply.
Judy
Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Passenger

Hi Judy I personally wouldn't pay anyone to help me find a job.

A lot of the links to cruise ship employment have directed me to these sites but I have been advised it's best not to use them. Where are you from in the world?? you'd be best to apply directly to the Cruise Ship Companys. I did that & it took a few weeks of sending of CV's & a couple of rejections but now I have an Interview with Princess Cruises on the 29/09/2006.

good luck anyway!!

Linz
Old September 11th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to sunset1823

Thank you Linz!
I am from the United States and have applied directly to most of the cruise lines about a month ago, but have not had any response. That is why I am looking into other options. From what I have read on the other posts, it is best to send your resume out about once a month. So far I have only sent my resume through email, this time I will send them out in email and regular mail.
My resume packet consists of a cover letter, letter of reference, a list of references, a photo, and my passport information. Do you think that is sufficient?
Please feel free to write to me on yahoo or on here anytime. I would love to know how things progress with you. Thanks again!
Judy
Old September 12th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Passenger

Well I'm from sunny Scotland.

I emailed a few companys too including Princess but they didnt get back to me through email. I only got a response from then when I sent my CV with a covering letter & a copy of a reference.

Drop me an Email & we can keep in touch to keep upto date with each others progress ok.

Heres my email address - linz-kd@hotmail.co.uk

Bye