Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Passenger

Default for those with more years working for NCL

Hello,

I have a question. I got lucky enough to be hired just 2 weeks after I applied to a position with NCL. I applied to a shore excursions position. The thing is that the recruiter noticed my experience with children and recommended I took a job as Youth Coordinator to start as soon as possible and said that afterwards I could change departments.

Now, does anyone know how easy or difficult it can be to change to Shorex?

Any recommendations as to what to say in my cover letter?

thanks a bunch in advance!

8)
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Passenger

Don't trust NCL's recruiters. They wanted to make me a pool attendant and made it sound like I could just transfer to cruise staff shortly thereafter, after getting on board I realized it's not that easy to do that. I stuck to my guns and got what I wanted and was glad I did.

Now that was just my experience, for all I know you can do what they're saying, but my advice is to be cautious and even if it means waiting in their 'waiting pool' for ShoreEx, if it's what you really want to do, then go for it.
However, if you just wanna get on the ship, youth counselor would be fine since it's not a busy time with kids right now.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 10:23 AM
Beginner

I agree, do not trust the recruiters. My hubby wanted to work in the bar where his experience was, they put him in dining, told him it would be easy to transfer once he got on the ship, he has been there over a year now, on his second contract, and still has not been able to get transferred to the bar. They told him to change the position, he would have to apply again, then go back thru the training for the bar and they would send him home to wait for the call back for the bar, if he got the job. So he stays in dining.