Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Passenger

Default Majesty of the Seas Anyone?

Has anyone ever worked on the Majesty of the Seas, i am going to sail with them next month was wondering what kind of stores they have inside? because i will be working in one of there stores, as well is there a internet cafe, so i can keep in touch with relatives back home? and how small are the cabins ?
Thx again for the help guys
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Passenger

Hey,I have not been on the Majesty but I've been on four of Royal Caribbean ships.It's a great cruiseline to work for.You make good commisions.The Itinerary is not that great on Maj but hey the commision is good.The Crew cabins tend to be bigger on the smaller ships and as long as you have a good roommate things will go well.Generally the shoppies get along fine with each other because you work together.The rules on RCL are a bit stricter than some cruiselines but don't worry about that you will get along just fine. You will enjoy it.

Joe
Old October 19th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Passenger

Default Bathroom

Thx for the reply.. i was wondering if you have to share bathrooms with other ppl? or just ur roomate?
Old November 1st, 2006, 02:33 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to dj_smurf Send a message via Yahoo to dj_smurf

you only share with your roommate, mag. is a great ship along with all the other rccl ships, her run is short but the money is usually fantastic. Shoppies tend to get along very well and there is an interent cafe as well as crew phone cards to keep in touch with anyone you might want to.
Good luck hope you enjoy it
Old November 2nd, 2006, 01:18 AM
Passenger

Default FRIDAY!

hi
thx for the info.. im shipping off friday on the majesty,
i didnt hear about the cards that we wil be getting to get int touch with ppl back home, and i didnt know they had internet cafe's! thats good to know... is it expensive to use the internet onboard for employees?
thx
Old November 2nd, 2006, 07:37 AM
Passenger

It's relativly not very expensive.I worked with Royal Caribbean for almost 3 yrs.I left for about two yrs now so sorry to say I am not sure what the cost was per minute.I will tell you one thing that can work to your advantage being on a ship like the Majesty and being in the Gift Shop. You get to be in ports more often So you can use the internet in the ports they are very cheap.You can also get cheap phonecards in the ports and at least make your calls 2-3 times a week.Another thing if you are using the internet onboard to just send a quick email,you will have access to the microsoft word ducument for free on the same PC so you can type your email all in word document and then just past it in your email.It will take a lot less time.These are just tips and they might have changed since being there.Another thing you will have a crew card with a 500 dollar credit limit so your internet charges along with everything you purchase onboard will go towards that limit(no cash is used for any purchases onboard RCI ships).What ever you spend within your limit will be taken from your pay or at least a suitable deduction.You can't be forced to pay the full amount as you have a 500 dollar credit limit providing that you have not gone above that limit.You will also be able to check your credit on a regular basis if you want at the crew office.I hope I have'nt said to much but do hope that it will be of some help to you getting started.RCI is a very good Cruiseline to work for and the money is good.As with every cruise line there are rules and regulation some more strict than others,but as long as you stick to the rules you can't go wrong.I did and I had lots of fun and a fantastic time.Just look at the positive aspect of why you are there.Go in with a positive attiude and you should be ok. This is just a guide so please be aware that things might have changed slightly over the past two yrs.

Good Luck

Joe
Old November 2nd, 2006, 04:37 PM
Passenger

actually, much of what you have said is still the same, im going on 3 years now working for rccl and still love it. Port internet and phone cards are a little cheaper then what it is on the ship however prices for outbound and inbound ship calls have been droping. the mag. runs are very short so port time is at an all time high. The ship being a smaller one in the fleet makes it nice because it is very easy to meet and mingle with your fellow crew members. your heading out tom. and well be in the bahamas tom. so wish you the best of luck maybe well cross paths in good time.

Dj Smurf
Radience of the Seas
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:28 AM
Passenger

Hey D J Smurf,
The Radiance is a great ship.I was part of the set up crew in Holland.It was one of the most fantastc and memorable experience I ever had on a cruise Ship.I hope it is still the same on there.I have an interview with Princess cruise Lines.I am now trying somthing different.I do hope it works out well. Anyway take care,talk to you soon.

Joe

If anyone out there knows about Princess cruise lines and time on board for Crew,Please fill me in.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 03:47 PM
Passenger

she is a beautiful ship, I have also worked on Voyager, explorer, adventure, Vison, mag. Im only going to be on here for a few months then over to Freedome. The crew on rad. is amazing though everyone gets along and does great work. Youll have to keep me informed as to how the princess gig goes. talk to ya soon

Smurf