Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2006, 07:26 PM
Beginner

Default Tips and tricks to get hired

I just got hired for seabourn and have to say i am pretty happy with myself at the moment. lol.
Anyway I just wanted to give al those people that are applying for jobs a few tips. Since everybody here was so wonderfull for me

1: get a personal number or adress for the cruiseline and call them to get all the information and application letters. Don't e-mail them because most of the time they won't reply.(remember these people get 500 emails a day).

2: Don't go through a agency, most cruiselines prefer to hire you themselfs, because agencies cost them or you money.

3: make your cv and cover letter stand out, there are loads of cv's online just see if they are usefull to you, and try to find out the recruitment officers name, personalize your letter to him or her.

4: Don't apply for a job in which you have no or limited experience in, this is coming back to the fact that there are loads of people applying for the jobs and there is bound to be someone better then you, so if you don't know how to make a cosmo don't apply to be a bartender...

5: If you manage to score the interview, dress nicely( always business suit) brush your teeth 5 minutes before the interview, put some nice perfume on blabla, you have to sell yourself to the interviewer.

6: Don't be nervous, you got the interview so they are interrested in you, talk smoothly think about your answers and take your time explaining yourself.

and for the rest if you want to apply for cunard/princess/ carnival this is the adress for the uk:

Carnival UK
Hotel recruitment
3rd Floor
5 Town Quay
Southampton

As for personalisation, all i now is Karen price does cunard and Andrew Row does Seabourn.

Hope this helps you guys out a bit

robert
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Passenger

Default Contact for Princess

Hi there just read the above post & I've just been hired by Princess.

The contact details for Princess are as follows.

Debbie Hallet - Fleet Personnel

Linz
xxx
Old October 24th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to sunset1823

Congratulations Robert!
May I ask what position you have been hired to work in and how long it took you to get that position?
Judy
Old October 25th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Passenger

Hi Linz,
I've sent in my CV to princess Cruise lines.I would really like to be hired by princess.Was the process a long one for you or did they respond fairly quickly.

Joe
Old October 25th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Passenger

I sent in my Letter with a CV in July & heard from them towards the end of August advising that I would be invited to attend an interview.

My interview was on the 29/09/2006 & I got the letter a week later offering me the job.

Good luck!!!
what position are you applying for??

drop me an email on

linz-kd@hotmail.co.uk

let me know how you get on.