Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Passenger

Default Just got rehired

After an interview with princess cruiselines in November I still have'nt received any response in regards to the outcome of that interview. After countless contacts with the head office and direct contact with the recruitment director still nothing.So I gave up because the message that I got is that I'm proberbly not good enough for the position I applied for.I am now however been hired by RCCL as a Purser and will be starting in Feb.I only contacted them 2 weeks ago.So I am looking foward to return to RCCL.I think it's the best cruisline to work for at the moment when you take into concederation the Pay and crew morals onboard.Can't wait for a good bit of sunshine.

Joe
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2007, 08:25 AM
Passenger

Well I've finally got my joining date.I will be joining the Explorer of the seas on the 11/03/07 and looking foward to it. I have been so lucky after requesting that particular ship to get it so quickly.So Burmuda here I come.

Joe
Old February 3rd, 2007, 10:07 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Leah

Hey where did you apply?

I had an interview in December and got word I was hired ..but have not heard anything since then. It is a bit frustrating.
Old February 4th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Passenger

I applied through the head office in Miami.I applied In Jan.

Joe
Old February 6th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Good for you - go with the sure thing. Sounds like Princess missed the fact that you were a seasoned professional, and you probably got lost in the shuffle of people who are just out of school.

One thing I learned is that you have to make you experience VISIBLE.

if you are very experienced, and you want to contact a new cruise line, send a letter to the correct person, and on the outside write something like "qualified [jobtitle], 2 yrs experience with [cruiseline] looking for new position"

That way they open it up for sure. I have worked on three cruise lines and I got the second two by enphasizing my experience. For my final contract with HAL, I had been on a line I did not like very much, but I did a smashup job, and then got references and testimonials from the people I worked with and sent it to a better (for my job) cruise line. I made sure they not only knew I had experience, but that I did a great job.

BY THE WAY - IF YOU ARE NOT EXPERIENCED AND YOU TRY THIS TRICK, EXPECT TO NEVER BE HIRED BECAUSE YOU HAVE ALREADY LIED TO THEM.
Old February 6th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Passenger

Hi Paul,thanks for the tip.I am looking foward to going back to RCCL.I only tried Princess because they have a wider itenery and I would have been able to see alot more places.But I must say I am pleased to go back to RCCL.

Thanks
Joe
Old March 3rd, 2007, 06:57 AM
Passenger

Hey It's here,how time flies.I was just getting ready Five weeks ago to return to the Cruise world.Now one week from today I will be flying to Miami to join the Explorer of the seas,Yeepee.Looking foward to it actually.I know it's going to be fun,it's always fun for me on those ships.

Just out of curiosity anyone joining the Explorer in the near future.

I am all packed and ready to get out of the Gloomy British weather and into some sunshine.I am so looking foward to a lovely Bushwaker up on Paradise Point,Those of you who might know what I am talking about.

Anyway Happy sailing all.

Joe
Old March 3rd, 2007, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Good Journey Shipmate Joe!

Enjoy yourself and take lots of pictures and report back often, please?

Let us know about your life onboard???

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!