Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Beginner

Default New Hire! Jr. Receptionist onboard NCL Jewel

Hi All!!

This is my first message here... and also it will be my first contract with NCL onboard the Jewel as Jr. Receptionist.

As you can imagine I have a lot of questions... the letter of employment that I´ve received, said that I should be in Greece next October 11!! but I haven´t received the confirmation of the flight date!... does anyone know if this is normal??

Besides I have read in another cruise forum a message from a girl that worked onboard the same cruise, she said that "People were given PIN - personal improvement notice- reports for not smiling enough or for forgetting to wear hairnet (for girls). is it really so strict??!

Another issue she talked about was "harassment" (omg!) I cannot believe that!, it it possible??

How many hours will I have to work onboard??, and what about free time?

I would appreciate if you give me some advice or suggestions! :-)

Thanks so much from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

Purple.-
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Passenger

I have never worked for NCL, but NCLA (the hawaiian ships) have the same disipline action.

PINs are issued for small offences, being late, not wearing proper uniform(and yes, that includes hair nets or your S.T.Y.L.E. pin) or other minor things. Here is the layout.

After 3 PINs you begin recieving warnings and after 3 warnings you are fired. PINs can be argued with the issuer and the warnings can be argued in Captain's Court, where you and the issuer tell your sides of the story and the small jury (the captain, Staff Captain, Hotel Director and Asst. Hotel Director) decides if the warning will be held. I have had several friends who have recieved 4-5 warnings but are still working with the company, they just argue well in Captains Court.

The Jr. Recpeptionists on NCLA ships are considered Staff Jobs - Don't know if it is the same for international ships - but ours worked about 8 hour days.
Old October 1st, 2007, 10:44 AM
Beginner

purple, what is this other forum you read that about the Jewel on?