Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Beginner

Default NCLA new hire

Hi, I attended a job fair on the 25th of September and was offered a job as a Assistant cook with NCLA, I was told I would recieve a call from NCLA the next week to schedule a physical and to get the ball rolling. I haven't yet heard from anyone, what should I do? As anyone been in a similiar circumstance? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to mmg84 Send a message via MSN to mmg84
Default Re: NCLA new hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cizz66
Hi, I attended a job fair on the 25th of September and was offered a job as a Assistant cook with NCLA, I was told I would recieve a call from NCLA the next week to schedule a physical and to get the ball rolling. I haven't yet heard from anyone, what should I do? As anyone been in a similiar circumstance? Thanks
call them. i was in a similar situation and i called them. now i'm also in the hireing process. they dont seem to like calling people back
Old October 6th, 2007, 06:56 PM
First Mate

My wife and I were both offered jobs on a Wednesday. We were told that someone would call us back on the following Thursday. On the following Wednesday (one week from the job fair) we got a phone call. Allow about a week for them to get ahold of you. If you havent heard from them in a week and a half, give them a call. If it hasn't been that long yet, keep waiting.
Old October 7th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Passenger

NCLA is slower than all hell when it comes to a lot of things in the hiring process. The recruiter at the job fair said that they would call me on a specific date, but they didn't of course, so I freaked a little and they ended up calling me the next day, go figure. You should give them a call if you have anyone's number available, and you'll need to speak to someone and not just leave a message because you will end up waiting some more.

Once you do get the ball rolling make sure you keep your recruiters number at the corporate office handy and make sure all the information you will have to send them gets there and that all your paperwork is going through. I'm sure these people handle a lot of applications, so it's very easy to get lost in the shuffle and have your application delayed for weeks or longer.
Old October 8th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to BananaHands

Just wait. I was offered my job on Sept. 19 (a Wensday) and was told that they would call on the following thursday. It took them almost 2 weeks to call me back. Good luck!

Mike
Old October 14th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Beginner

I Still have not recieved a call from NCLA. Although when I called them I was told that even though I was offered a job and accepted it there is still a chance the job can be given to someone more qualified. She told me if I don't hear anything in the next week then to just assume they went with someone else. The recruiter never siad anything about this. I have a letter that says I will become employed by NCLA contingent on passing the background/drug check and going through the training. They don't even call to let you know whats going on. This seems incredibly unfair and unproffesional.
Old October 15th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Passenger

NCLA could be run a lot smoother concerning their hiring process, that is for certain. You have to keep in mind though, that they are constantly hiring new employees year-round, so it's easy to get lost in the shuffle of things. I'm willing to bet the recruiters at the corporate office (which is who you will be in contact with for the duration of the hiring process) are handling a lot of potential employees, so things are going to move a little slow.

If the recruiter at the job fair offered you a position than they do want you as an employee, pending drug tests etc., but like they said this opening might go to another person. I'm sure they keep resume's on file because they are constantly hiring new people.

Just give it a week and see what happens and then go from there.