Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to jessica81
Default telephone interview???

i recently applied online to the HAL for an assistant events coordinator position and got a response back from a gentleman requesting a telephone interview. i was really excited because i had only sent my resume away a few days prior.

he asked if sometime later in the week (he wrote on monday) would be good for me and i of course, responded saying to call me anytime in the week and included again my contact info. so, few days have gone by (it's friday now) and i still haven't heard anything! is this normal that they forget or get sidetracked? do you recommend me email him back saying that i am available anytime next week at his convenience for a phone interivew since i am still very interested?

also, what kind of questions do they ask during a telephone interview? i really want this job and don't want to be forgotten about! getting the reply from him already just seemed too good to be true!
Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Sorry for the late reply. Are you sure he didn't call? (do you have a voicemail or answering machine?). It is a little unusual for them to say they will call and then not call.

I would call them back and just ask if you missed the call. By the way, you are sure this was legitimately HAL and not some kind of scam. Unfortunately those people are out there.
Old December 4th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Beginner

no worries for the late response.

yeah, i'm sure they didn't call, i gave them my cell and home number and have voice mail. i sent an email back yesterday just to catch up and mentioned that i am available anytime this week for the telephone interview.

i didn't get the feeling that this was a scam. i applied through the HAL website itself and wouldn't believe the online application form went to some 'other person' rather than to a recruiter of HAL. The email addy that he sent from didn't seem unusal at all since it did have the HAL name to it. i'm not one to publicly post my resume and contact info so if it was a scam, i'm not sure how someone would be able to figure out my info. Is there some way that I would be able to look into if this person is legit or not? thanks for the heads up!
Old December 4th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Beginner

k, shortly after i posted here, i got an email back from a lady saying that she will be conducting interviews at such and such times and dates! so, my interview is all set up! now, lets just wait and see if they really call!
Old December 4th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Please let us know how it turns out and best of luck to you!