CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Crewmembers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/crewmembers/)
-   -   Any Tips For 18 year old? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/crewmembers/348783-any-tips-18-year-old.html)

TigerKing89 March 20th, 2008 11:45 AM

Any Tips For 18 year old?

Hey guys going on a Royal Caribean cruise in about 2 weeks and wanted 2 see if you could give me any tips on gettin in the teen club since Iam overage. I would love to get this experince like i did for my fist cruise on Disney but i was legal then and i beleive i would have more fun hanging out with kids my age just turnd 18.

thanks for your help.

taoist March 21st, 2008 07:37 AM

You say you want to get in the teen club? How can you be overage? You said you are eighteen! You are still a teenager lol.

Dont tell me the teen club discriminates against
eighteen to nineteen year olds :D

Sorry not intending to be rude, but the question sounded kind of funny.

TigerKing89 March 21st, 2008 08:05 AM

No you are not supposed to go in the teen club if you are passed the age of 17 :-? And I'am 18 I know and heard of some of the teen leaders bending the rules 4 young adults who cause no problems but I'am unsure of what will hapen since my only other cruise was Disney. On RC I've heard of security checks before you enter so I don't knw what to expect or do. Hopefully I can get in or at least meet some young adults my age so I don't have 2 tag along with my parents 24/7

Ps cruises really need to think about making a 18-20 room or at least organized activites so where not stuck in limbo can't drink can have fun with the kids what do you do? :shock:

mars April 3rd, 2008 05:05 PM

you should be more concerned with hanging out with the older crowd that will hook you up on shore :).

beentravelin July 15th, 2008 08:38 PM

I don't know about RC, but on NCL 18year olds can order beer or wine once in international waters (with their parents signed consent). :shock:

Arion July 22nd, 2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beentravelin
I don't know about RC, but on NCL 18year olds can order beer or wine once in international waters (with their parents signed consent). :shock:

Just out of curiosity, what about ships whose parent company is based outside of the US. What is the situation regarding age buying alcohol on thos e ships Costa and P&O spring to mind?

I imagine there would be riots if 18-20 year old adults required parental consent to order alcohol in any European country, with the legal limit as low as 16 in quite a few, including Italy and France.

beentravelin July 22nd, 2008 07:22 PM

I hadn't thought of that. Ours was on a cruise to Bermuda. I don't recall the ships registry.

david30101 October 14th, 2008 07:28 PM

Most of the ships are registered in the Bahamas..Even so..Most of them use "USA" laws despite where the ship is located, since the ship deals with US customs and home ported there, and most of the passengers are american.

spencercoop November 14th, 2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arion
Quote:

Originally Posted by beentravelin

Just out of curiosity, what about ships whose parent company is based outside of the US. What is the situation regarding age buying alcohol on thos e ships Costa and P&O spring to mind?

I imagine there would be riots if 18-20 year old adults required parental consent to order alcohol in any European country, with the legal limit as low as 16 in quite a few, including Italy and France.

I would doubt that costa would let you do that becuase it is owned by Carnival Corp.