Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Beginner

Default First Contract Carnival Imagination –- HELP ME ALL U CAN !

So here I am landing my great job on Carnival Imagination as an photographer soon.
In the contract my position says trainee photographer – To be exact.

So now sum things I wud like to knw before the day I actually start-off…

PS: Please reply point wise… and also mention if you are Ex-employee for carnival.

1] After departing frm hotel, for the very first day,what shall I wear – Jeans T-shirt will do?

2] I knw there will be training and stuff… and sum exam where I need to score 80% to qualify – More info on this training plz…

3] Electrical -- > Can I just buy conversion plug tht has flat pins OR I need to have compulsory conversion plug with surge protection…..

4] Do we have fridge in crew rooms? If not, can I use ships fridge to store my foods… ?

5] What is the provision for bathing – inside the rooms ?

6] I been notified job timing are as per shifts -- > What typical shift timing can I expect… Do I need to start very early in the morning ?

7] Do carnival provides vegetarian foods in crew mess…. Can I check out frm sumwhere what kind of menu can I expect ?

8] Can crew eat passenger foods frm dining halls ? If not free – by paying for it ?

9] The 24Hr. pizzeria is open to crew as well ?? I mean a crew can pay & eat as well without restrictions…

10] As a photographer, am I allowed to mingle with passengers AND am I allowed in almost all pax areas in my off-duty hours….

11] Can I go out on shores on almost all occasions… tht the moment ships in harbor my job ends and am free to roam…

12] If a passenger invites me to their room – is this permissible?

13] Laundry -- > I guess there are machines, but wht people says bring 2 weeks underwear/socks etc… Cant I just wash them regularly like every 4 days ?? Is it expensive or there is a long-line problem… ?

14] Can I cook food of my own? ALSO, can I heat my canned/packaged food on stove.. ?

15] I am full-salaried - So do photographers get Tips as well ? If a passenger gives tip, can I accept it ?

16] Places where i need to photograph peoples ? Do i need to click them while embarking and on pool area ?

17 ] Formal night – Do I as a staff need to pack sumthing special ? Can I use half-sleeved shirt & Pants ? – If this is not enough, how about if I add a suit jacket on top.

18] I knw if I miss ship – I am screwed, but like if get delayed in transport returning or sumthing like tht – How to deal with it – what are the penalties ? barring termination of job….

19] Can i keep beard OR clean shaven is the rule ?

I heartily thanx to all fellow members for reading this Long question & also to all who will respond…
[/i]
Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Beginner

Well do anybody like 2 reply
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to funship_katrina

lol, relax, you'll be fine. i was a stiener on board and i an tell you that the photographers work damn hard! not as easy as it all sounds. nothing is majorly difficulty with training on board you'll be fine the officers are usually pretty good with making sure you pass. just be prepared to work and smile at all the dumb questions you'll get its always a bit daunting on your first contract but everything will be fine and your first day off will be a blast