Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Beginner

Default Cruise Program Administrator...?

I've got an interview with RCCL for the position Cruise Program Administrator.

Has anyone give me more information on what this job entails? Or if anyone has worked as a CPA (or currently does) - is it enjoyable?

Also are RCCL a good cruise company to work for?

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Is tht an onboard job? I don't recognize that job title, and it sounds more like head office.

Any cruise line is a good company to work for as long as you get the benefits of cruising.
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Beginner

Hello!

Yes it would be onboard - assisting the Cruise Director.
Old May 14th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

I guess its the same position as admin host(ess) on NCL, setting up the daily cruise news paper.
Old May 14th, 2008, 11:11 PM
First Mate

the CPA job is basically the admin for the entire cruise division. They got rid of the social hostess position and spilt those duties between the CPA, food & beverage, and the hotel admin. The CPA takes much of the paperwork from the Cruise Director and Activities Manager (once know as the assistant CD)

A big part of the job is budgets - being able to understand a spreadsheet and let people know how much money that have left to spend (esp if the Cruise Director is not good with numbers). Ordering supplies and provisions for the department, in charge of berthing (cabin assignments), paperwork for arriving and departing crewmembers in the division, taking meeting notes, upkeep of all sorts of divisional records. There's also some Bingo duties, and CPA's are the wedding co-ordinator's onboard.

If you know your way around Excel - all the better

On this line, the Daily Compass or newsletter is done by the CD & Activites Manager in conjuntion with the M&R (marketing and revenue) Mananger

Usually it's a shared cabin (but then the CPA is in charge of cabins, so . . . 8)

PM me if you need any more info - I'm not one, but I work close with them. A good one is the backbone of the division!
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:51 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sz View Post
the CPA job is basically the admin for the entire cruise division. They got rid of the social hostess position and spilt those duties between the CPA, food & beverage, and the hotel admin. The CPA takes much of the paperwork from the Cruise Director and Activities Manager (once know as the assistant CD)

A big part of the job is budgets - being able to understand a spreadsheet and let people know how much money that have left to spend (esp if the Cruise Director is not good with numbers). Ordering supplies and provisions for the department, in charge of berthing (cabin assignments), paperwork for arriving and departing crewmembers in the division, taking meeting notes, upkeep of all sorts of divisional records. There's also some Bingo duties, and CPA's are the wedding co-ordinator's onboard.

If you know your way around Excel - all the better

On this line, the Daily Compass or newsletter is done by the CD & Activites Manager in conjuntion with the M&R (marketing and revenue) Mananger

Usually it's a shared cabin (but then the CPA is in charge of cabins, so . . . 8)

PM me if you need any more info - I'm not one, but I work close with them. A good one is the backbone of the division!
Hi - Its been a while now and I wondered what the CPA position now on RCCL is like and what it is like to work for RCCL. I've been offerred this position, but really concerned as I'm not hearing many good things about RCCL.

Please let me hear your thoughts