Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Beginner

Default help please for a future first timer purser on CCL

hi! I'm a noob on this forum and on cruises as well . so pardon me if I'm asking something that has been aswerd earlier. I'm wondering about the uniforms for pursers on Carnival. Do we have to buy them; and where can we do that? I read about the shop in Florida; but I'm not shure will I be there for my college and I need the uniform for that. some of the people I've been talking to have said that you can buy everithing onboard; some say you need to bring your uniform and shoes with you. not sure will I get the right kind of uniform on shore so it would be great to be able to buy it onboard.

another thing; the formal nights... do I have to attend that and do I need to take a civilian suite with me so that I can mingle with people or will the night uniform be enough...

tnx a lot!
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2008, 05:35 PM
First Mate

can't say for ALL cruise lines, but if it's uniform issue, it WILL be available onboard for purchase.

Formal nights - most likely you will have a "formal" or "evening" uniform that you wear - but it's safe to bring a tuxedo/evening gown depending on your gender regardless
Old August 1st, 2008, 11:58 PM
Beginner

I am a purser on NCL, and if CCL is like NCL, I learned the hard way that even off duty at night we have to wear our dress blue uniform since we are officers and must always wear uniform in public areas. Have fun, and make sure to have some down time!!!!
Old August 18th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Beginner

Hello everyone. I got a purser job, for the first time in my life. I will work for Carnival cruise. I will be very grateful if someone who had already worked on this position shares his experiences with me. I don't have previous experience as a receptionist. What will be my main duties and responsibilities
Should I expect hard work, and long working hours, and what about free time, guest complaints, and shore visits..I am leaving in October, so these days I am preparing myself mentally
Old August 18th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Beginner

Hello everyone. I got a purser job, for the first time in my life. I will work for Carnival cruise. I will be very grateful if someone who had already worked on this position shares his experiences with me. I don't have previous experience as a receptionist. What will be my main duties and responsibilities
Should I expect hard work, and long working hours, and what about free time, guest complaints, and shore visits..I am leaving in October, so these days I am preparing myself mentally
Old February 5th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Passenger

Hi There

I was a purser on CCL for 4 years.
Had the time of my life.!! You will love it... you will work hard but play hard too!
I got mesured for my uniform in Miami the day before we signed on the ship. We went to head office to meet Mr Steedman, and then went for uniform fittings - they then got forwarded to the ship.

We wore smart clothes for purser college until the uniforms arrived.
Don't worry about the uniform, it will get sorted for you.

You will as a purser, have to wear you uniform in guest areas at all times.

If you go out to the bars, supper clubs, disco, or shows etc in the evening, you will have to wear your blue formal uniform.

If its a port day and you are onboard and want to eat on Lido for example, you will have to wear your whites.