Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Beginner

Default Sexual Harrassment on Ships?

Hi All,

I just got a job with Steiner and will be starting in the next 2 months.. I have been doing tons of online research and have come across a few blogs which warn women of the unavoidable sexual harrassment on ships.. Can anyone elaborate on this?? I am very curious about what I should expect. Have any of you had any first hand experience with this? Or advice? Thanks a ton!
Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2008, 05:15 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

You shouldn't believe everything everything you read. There are a few people in this world who are trying to ruin the cruise industry as much as they possibly can who spread rumors like this. Obviously, thousands of women are currently working on cruise ships and not complaining of this.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Passenger

Default sexual harrasment

steiners have a certain reputation on ships, and many guys think that all of the steiner girls are easy. however, in the last few years, the rules against sexual harrassment on ships have become much tougher. if someone is bothering you and you tell them to stop, and they don't, you can either have your department head talk to theirs, or go to the staff captain or hotel director. don't worry about everything you read, there's a few disgruntled people out there who are pissed off at something, and will come up with all kinds of stories!! but they don't take it lightly on the ships, so don't stress about it too much!
Old October 3rd, 2008, 11:16 AM
Passenger

Default sexual harrasment

steiners have a certain reputation on ships, and many guys think that all of the steiner girls are easy. however, in the last few years, the rules against sexual harrassment on ships have become much tougher. if someone is bothering you and you tell them to stop, and they don't, you can either have your department head talk to theirs, or go to the staff captain or hotel director. don't worry about everything you read, there's a few disgruntled people out there who are pissed off at something, and will come up with all kinds of stories!! but they don't take it lightly on the ships, so don't stress about it too much!
Old October 3rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Beginner

Thanks so much for the feedback... Really puts my mind at ease! Thanks again!
Old October 3rd, 2008, 01:08 PM
Passenger

not a problem, if you have any more questions, or want any advice, just let me know.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 05:33 PM
Beginner

hi! I have worked with steiner and can tell you that kind of problem does not exist (at least I havent seen or known anything about sexual harassment during my last contract). My first contract ended last May and all the steiner girls I met where nice and very professional. there was an incident when a drunk passenger bothered the spa cleaner; she reported the situation and the next day everything was sorted out, which is, people are very strick nowadays. Don~t worry. enjoy your contract and see the world!