Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Passenger

Default trust

can any man working on the ships be trusted to be faithful? I am just curious. do they eventually succumb to temptation even if they have a significant other at home?
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Passenger

I was on a ship for 2 months you do create bonds with people I have a significant other and I told myself I would be faithful. I gotta tell you its very easy to fall for someone I had it happen to me its very seductive environment....
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Passenger

did you go back to your significant other? or did you continue your ship relationship? do you find the ship relationships just to be more about lonliness and not love? thank you for your input
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

What happens on the ship, stays on the ship

During my time on ship I don't think I've heard of anyone who completely stayed faithful during their ship life. That's the way it is and one can't understand it unless they've been there. Ship life is a protected bubble life, completely separated from real life...
Old January 14th, 2009, 01:40 AM
First Mate

"True that!" to Mr Mate

on a ship your away from daily communication, email, news - and your work and live and play with the same people 24/7. If you want to keep someone faithful, you have to be "there" is some fashion.
Old January 17th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Beginner

There is always exceptions of course but the big majority ends up with a cruise ship romance.
Old January 17th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Depends on the man. If you're everything he needs, he may not find whats on the ship to be any better/more appealing. If you all fight alot, or he gets good attention from someone better looking, you may have something to worry about.
Voyager - 03/09
Freedom - 10/07
Rhapsody - 08/06
Rhapsody - 07/03
Navigator - 03/03
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galveston
Depends on the man. If you're everything he needs, he may not find whats on the ship to be any better/more appealing. If you all fight alot, or he gets good attention from someone better looking, you may have something to worry about.
You haven't spent much time on a cruise ship I guess. The shoreside relationship can be as good as it can be, it comes to a point where ship life is the reality and one starts to get attracted to people onboard. For thrust me: no matter how good your girl/man ashore is, there are quite a few candidates onboard as well
Old January 20th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Beginner

Default Just curious

I was reading the posts simply out of boredom I guess but when you say the crew members get together.Do they know the other is married? or is usually kept a secret? It seems to me there might be alot of conflict if the other person found out.
Old January 21st, 2009, 11:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

A cruise ship is - as mentioned above - a bubble. It's a bubble of freindships, intrigues, love, hatred gossip you name it. The best thing is to be honest to the one you get involved with, tell him/her what's your intentions and what's your situation at home, because the facts will come up one way or another through others.

I'm surprised nobody has done a PhD study on ship life
Old January 21st, 2009, 02:49 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMate
I'm surprised nobody has done a PhD study on ship life
No need for that, we can just read the Shipboard Love Stories forum over at CC, lol.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:25 PM
Beginner

Default Does anyone know Chili pepper?

I was talking with some colleges of mine about this site,and what I have read so far.All the guys were of course saying sign me up.When one of the girls commented.Evidently they haven't met Chile Pepper.I haven't gotten the full details yet.Just bits and pieces.Evidently she was dateing a Waitor on Carnival.somehow she managed to get inside that bubble and found out he was fooling around.from what they said it was what she did to him that earned her the title Chili pepper.I can't wait to get back to my gossip corner and get full details. but from what i have heard so far if you hear the words Chile pepper RUN!!
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hehe.. thanks.. even though I got out of the bubble many years ago, I always get the creeps when hearing stories about bitter, pathetic women like that, that just isn't capable of dealing with ship life as it is and has been for generations.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 07:36 AM
Passenger

hey Mr. Mate, maybe she wasn't so pathetic, and lied to by some pathetic guy who can't keep his thing in his pants for lack of self control. my experience is that most men 99.9 percent are liars and have no morals or conviction about what they do to other people. this guy probably lied to her and so he got what he deserved, as do all liars at some point in there life. cut her a little slack.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 07:40 AM
Passenger

mr mate, one funny thing i experienced is the guy's who are always cheating are the same guys who are devestated when they find out their girl at home has done the same to them. NOW that's FUNNY! he, he, he
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

The way you are responding to my posts tells me that you're probably one of those bitter chicks yourself

FYI, the "cheating" going on on ships are just as much done by women as by men. I've sailed with girls that have been sleeping with half of the male crew (and a quarter of the female hehe) and that's ok as long as they're open about it.

My point is that people outside the bubble doesn't know, and can't be excpected to know, the codes among crew members that have been in the cruising industry for years.
Old January 26th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Passenger

i am certainly not bitter, just realistic. I firmly believe in being honest with people and if a guy knows he's not going to be true to someone back home, he should let her know up front. lying gets no one anywhere. I was lied to very badly by someone I met on a ship. funny, I became very good friends with his wife, who I never knew he had, I felt more sorry for her, not myself. Now I am happily engaged to someone I met aboard ship. I do understand ship life, I just don't understand lying. that's all.
Old January 26th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

No you don't, and you won't until you've worked onboard for months and months. Then you'll have a slight idea. Taking a cruise or two doesn't qualify.
Old January 26th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Passenger

who said i didn't work on one???????? hmmm????
Old January 26th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee62
who said i didn't work on one???????? hmmm????
doesn't sound like you did. because then you would understand
Old January 26th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Passenger

don't assume I haven't because you think I don't understand. i understand what goes on, i dont understand liars, that's what i am saying. people need to be honest and up front about their intentions. lying hurts people as I have witnessed, inoccent, caring trusting people. as i said, my heart broke for one woman who believed in her lying husband, he lied to her and to me, I got over it, she had to deal with him. she was devestated, that is wrong. divorce her if you are going to be a repeat cheater. all i am saying is most men don't have the courage to be honest, it takes courage, and it takes a REAL man to have self control and discipline.
Old January 26th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

so where did you work?
Old January 26th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Passenger

princess, sapphire, grand for 3 contracts
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Beginner

Default Re: trust

Quote:
can any man working on the ships be trusted to be faithful? I am just curious. do they eventually succumb to temptation even if they have a significant other at home?
Why ask this question when you seem to have already known the answer?
Old January 27th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Passenger

i new you would ask that, as I knew you would also reply that you thought i was bitter, I am one step ahead of you, that's my answer to your question. think about it. I am just smart, that's all.
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Passenger

let's just say this was my study done for a friend who is young and niave and trusting to make her understand that there are people out there who don't care about being honest and hurting others with their actions. she didn't take my word for it, so I had to prove it to her, and thanks to you, I have. It's sad that anyone would make a joke about anyone who was distraught by a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, lover, whatever, because of there infidelity and or lying about it, whether you live in the bubble or not. It's called maturity. does that answer all your questions?
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Beginner

Quote:
i new you would ask that, as I knew you would also reply that you thought i was bitter, I am one step ahead of you, that's my answer to your question. think about it. I am just smart, that's all.
Are you talking to me??

I've looked over the thread and searched high and low trying to find out where I stated that you are "bitter". Do you see it? Let me know and point it out to me so that I can make a stop at Lens Crafters tomorrow.

Quote:
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Passenger

oh, sorry, replied to the wrong post. please accept my apologies!!! ahh!
so sorry
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Passenger

just checking the board and I realize you didn't write anything about being bitter, however, the answer i left to your question about why ask the question is for you and mr. mate. so apologies about the "bitter" part, not intended for you.
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Passenger

i did you a favor, saving you a trip to lens crafters.