Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Beginner

Default How can i gain employment in the cruise industry???

I'm trying to gain employment onboard a cruise ship as a Dj. I have submitted my CV along with a playlist from different venues i have played throughout the year to show how versatile i can be. Is there any advice you can give me with regards to gaining employment in the cruise industry. i have worked since i left high school at aged 16 and havent seen any of the world. I recently split with my G/f and feel i am still young enough to get out and see the world and can't think of a better way to do it. i have been Dj'ing for over 5yrs now and love it. i really do look forward to hearing from you and hope you can help

Thanks Chris
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Beginner

Big thanks to Dj smurf for replyin to my Pm. I've pm'd a few people i hope they are just as informative and helpful.

I must say the response really lifted my spirits and i really do hope that i can become a part of what seems an amazing industry .

So far I've done the sensible thing and avoided the "agencies" who want between $20 and $50 and directly contacted the cruise ships direct. Or gone through who they have asked me to apply to such as Crown Recruitment in London.

I'm from Glasgow, Scotland i don't see this being a problem but if anyone has any and i mean any advice on what i can put on my CV to help I'd be really greatful.

Thanks again Chris and please please feel free to Pm me if you feel you have any tips for me. Or post here
Old January 17th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Beginner

Not sure if this is allowed or not but can i bump this up abit and hope someone sees it.

I am actively looking on here and other websites and don't want anything placed in my lap. I am lookin for any advice from people already employed in the cruise industry or contacts that will gain me a little advantage in this hectic and very competitive industry

Thanks Chris