Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Bearfoot
Default Seven Seas Group -Europa

Has anyone had experience with the Seven Seas Group - Europa (SSG-EU), which seems to be an employment agency for the Cruise industry, representing several Cruise lines? I applied for a posted Slot Tech job, and my experience with them, so far, has been excellent. Late January, '09 I had a (Skype) interview with them. The experience was professional in every way. I'm just curious what the "normal" response/hiring time frame is through SSG, EU?

Thanks,
Bearfoot
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Familiar Face

Hi

I have been with Seven Seas Group for about 6 months now. They do seem really professional and the staff are helpful. I am still waiting for a ship assignment for RCCL (been about 5 months now) but I guess it depends on what post you are going for, how often they become available and how much competition there is.

Good luck though, I hope you hear soon!
Old February 25th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseshipgirl
Hi

I have been with Seven Seas Group for about 6 months now. They do seem really professional and the staff are helpful. I am still waiting for a ship assignment for RCCL (been about 5 months now) but I guess it depends on what post you are going for, how often they become available and how much competition there is.

Good luck though, I hope you hear soon!
So have they told you that you have the job and you're just waiting for an opening, or do you need to interview with RCCL still?

I'm just curious what the process is like. I created a profile/uploaded my resume with them about 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet (except the automated response saying my resume was received. Did you submit an email or call them about a specific position as well or did you just wait for them to get in contact with you?

Thanks
Old February 26th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Familiar Face

I have had an interview with RCCL as well as a skype interview with Seven Seas Group and have an email saying I have a job so just waiting on an opening.

I submitted my resume for a specific position and received an email from them a few weeks later arranging a skype interview with one of their recruitment agents. I'm not sure if it happens quicker if you apply for a specific position so if you haven't it might speed things up if you mention which post you are interested in?

They also have contact details on their website for their recruitment agents for each part of the world so it might be worthwhile emailing them your resume and covering letter too.

Good luck!
Old February 26th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the info and congratulations on the job offer, hope you get aboard soon!
Old March 9th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Beginner

Default hey

cruishipgirl and what job are you aplying for at rcc?? do you know if it takes to much for a CRUISE STAFF position?? i have a skype interview on thursday with ssg they say im a potencial candidate but if they say yes how long would i have to wait? i hope i hear from you soon

thank you
Old March 9th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Familiar Face

Hello

I applied for a Guest Service Officer job with RCCL. I'm not sure how long it would take to get a post as Cruise Ship Staff but there are quite a lot of jobs onboard so hopefully not too long. However, I know that recruitment is slower than usual at the moment because of the economic climate so you might have to wait a few months. It might be worth asking during your interview. It's not unusual to wait around 6 months in some cases though.

Good luck though and i hope you hear soon!