CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Crewmembers (
-   -   Passport,MMC,and TWIC cards (

dengirl May 5th, 2009 04:45 PM

Passport,MMC,and TWIC cards
is there anyone on the board that can tell me about the passport,mmc,and twic cards? I have not yet worked on a cruise ship in fact i just have been putting out my applications to a few cruise ships online the last two days.heres a few of my questions if anyone is out there:

1. I am going to turn my passport application in on Thursday do i get the passport book or the new card they have out now?
2.I went to the mmc website and if I read it right it says you cant get that card till you get the twic card?
3.I went to the twic wedsite and I think it says you cant get that card till an employeer such as a cruise line sends in the request or something? it was all kinda confusing so if i can get any answers id love it. thanks!

srwoods July 15th, 2009 10:12 AM

Did you find out the info on passports, mmc, and twic?
I'm new to the message board- but saw your post and wondered if you were able to get the info you requested. I am in the process of working with NCLA and have gone through the process of getting a TWIC card and am waiting on approval for my MMC. I also have a passport- but I recieved mine in 2004 - so it's the booklet kind. I am hoping to share any info I have with anyone who can use it so let me know if I can be assistance!


nutterbye May 15th, 2010 01:43 PM

I received my MMD in 2 weeks and my TWIC in less than a week, of course wait times can and will vary.

Bruce Chafkin1 May 16th, 2010 07:05 PM

The MMC and TWIC Cards are needed only for US Flag ships. FYI - it can take a very, very long time (3 - 12 months) to get the MMC Card. Until you have the card in your hand, you are not allowed to work aboard a US Flag ship. Aside from a few small coastal cruisers on the US East and West Coast, the only US Flag cruise ship is Pride of America in Hawaii.

For the other 350 or so cruise ships around the world, you will need a valid passport - not a passport card - to work there. You also need to pass a Level 5 Drug Screen - the same test that airline pilots take.

phillip6781 October 6th, 2010 02:22 AM

level 5 is just a pee test...its not a level, either. its a 5 panel. they test for 5 things.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 PM.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1