Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Beginner

Default Finding a Job on cruise ship

I am playing with the idea of working on a cruise ship. Can anyone recommend on where is the best place to look?

I have seen this site https://www.cruiseservices.co.uk/index.html however they charge for registration, so im not sure if it is a scam.

I live in the uk.
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Familiar Face

A lot of the sites that ask your to pay to register are scam sites. Its quite common so you need to be careful. I have come across that site before and have seen their adverts on a lot of job sites, where they list a load of jobs available at at time, but if you then reply to the job posting, they want you to register on their own site?

To me that defeats the purpose, if a recruitment agency posts a position on a site like jobsite.co.uk, and someone applies, I wouldnt then expect to be by the agency told to pay register on their site.

I personally would not use trust them, suggest you look at cruise line websites themselves as you will find positions advertised on there.
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Beginner

I cant see an office through google street view, in my mind anyone asking for money upfront isn't worth there money.

Finding these sorts of jobs arnt as easy as I thought.
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:39 PM
Passenger

pmcmarine.com is a good agency
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie08
pmcmarine.com is a good agency
Thanks, I have just applied!
Old July 23rd, 2009, 12:38 AM
Passenger

Default YO NEAL

Old July 23rd, 2009, 12:40 AM
Passenger

Default THIS SITE IS FANTASTIC

Old July 24th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Familiar Face

Great links, thanks!

I got an email from one of the agency asking me a few questions. They sent me a job description to know if it's something I would like and they asked me to resubmit my résumé in English only (it was 2 pages French then 2 pages in English when I first submitted it).

I'm very happy that they took the time to contact me, it must be a good sign!
Old July 24th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Captain

I noticed on the cruise line we like to cruise with they have employment positions on the website ..maybe other lines do that as well
http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/employment.aspx
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Beginner

you can try www.workoncruiseships.com. Great site with lots of info. It's important to be patient.
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Beginner

Default Cruise Ship Jobs

www.cruisegary.blogspot.com
The information is always and forever...free!

Greetings,

I work on a ship full time, and have since 1998. I started a blog to help other people cut through the crap and get a great crusie ship job!
Two things are certain:
1) Most of the sites on the internet, at some point, will ask you for money.
2) No site can guarantee you a job - the only person who can offer you a job is the cruise line - period.

If you choose to buy website site access, or a book, or a video, or a DVD, or a pamphlet, all you are getting is information which is free on the web. All you need is a little direction and some web search savvy and you can get all this info yourself - and it will be up-to-date!

There is no magic to getting a ship job - you still have to do all the work - this is not a lazy man's or woman's pursuit - no magic wand - nadda.

The problem with a lot of that other info, is that is is soon out-dated as soon as it is printed, pressed whatever. The cruise industry is changing very quickly - on a weekly basis - and so do the key contact personnel.

Most people operating these other sites, claim they USED to work on ships. Times change - I am currently still on ships, in very good positions, so my info and contacts are always current.

www.cruisegary.blogspot.com
The information is always and forever...FREE!
Follow the blog, read the older postings to get up to speed.

Cruise lines hire from all over the world. Last summer, I got hired as a CD by a European cruise line for 2 1/2 weeks - sailing Europe! They flew me from North America, so it doesn't matter where you live! It matters who you are and what you offer!

If you are really lazy, send me your info and $1500 cash, and I will get you a job. Probelm is, if you are really lazy, you'll last about one day on a ship. Crew members are some of the professional, hardest, smartest working people I have ever met. So, if your really want to work on a ship, keep your cash and do it yourself - you can!

Cheers.....