Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Beginner

Default Help with getting hired?

Two days ago I submitted a resume through the NCL & Harding Brothers websites. I am originally from Scotland but I have a green card and live in Florida. I worked in retail for 3+ years with the same company (Victoria's Secret) in 5 different locations around the country (I worked as a Manager for a year). I have worked an additional 2 years in customer service and have spent this last year working with the community doing political activism. I am in my senior year of college but I'm in no hurry to finish. I think I am a pretty qualified candidate for a lowly gift shop sales associate position!

I notice that NCL is having job fairs in Chicago, Vegas and San Diego this month. None of those are close to me. Does anyone have experience with getting hired by NCL? Would I have a better shot by flying out to one of these job fairs and potentially getting an interview on the spot or will my qualifications be enough that I'll likely get a phone interview?

Also, does anyone know about getting hired by Carnival or Royal Caribbean? I know they mostly hire from out of the country but since I am not technically a US citizen would I still have a chance of getting employed by them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2009, 01:19 PM
First Mate

Most cruise lines gift shops are run by concessions - not the line. Royal Caribbean uses Starboard

??? about the green card - though most shoppies are UK, eastern European and occasionally Indian

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/...addresses.html is a good place to start

http://www.thesevenseasgroup.eu/ is the US hiring partner for RCI and is located in Florida. Might be worth a call or email to see what your chances are

[/url]
Old September 16th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sz
Most cruise lines gift shops are run by concessions - not the line. Royal Caribbean uses Starboard

??? about the green card - though most shoppies are UK, eastern European and occasionally Indian

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/...addresses.html is a good place to start

http://www.thesevenseasgroup.eu/ is the US hiring partner for RCI and is located in Florida. Might be worth a call or email to see what your chances are

[/url]
I actually JUST applied to Starboard 2 days ago at the advice of a former crew member and sent SSG an e-mail last night. Thanks. You information was spot-on
Old September 21st, 2009, 12:30 PM
Familiar Face

Royal Caribbean recruit in the UK as well as everywhere else. They have an office not too far from where I live in the South East. So cant imagine you will have any problem if you live in Florida, if anything will probably make things easier!
Old October 4th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Beginner

The Job Fairs are for NCL America...sails in Hawaii only...has one ship. I was hired by them at one of the job fairs....and was on active hold...but then was asked to work on the NCL side (sails under an international flag). Are you trying to work for NCL or NCLA? Go on their website (if you have not already) the contact info should be there. Hope that helps a little!