Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2010, 05:25 AM
Beginner

Default Employment on cruise ship

Hi my partner and I are currently in the process of applying for positions on a cruise ship. We are looking to work in bar/food preparation or in retail. We have submitted resume's to harding bro's and through the seven seas.

We have bar experience and restaraunt experience, we are currently working in Japan in a hospitality position. We also have worked in the past in retail clothing.

Can anyone recommend any other companies to apply through? We are also from Australia, and can speak some japanese.

Is it difficult for a couple to get a job on the same cruise, should both apply and if one has an interview can you recommend your partner for a position?

How long does it usually take to be contacted and what questions are usually asked in phone interview?

Thanks for your help guys.
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2010, 07:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi,

Regarding looking for positions I presume you have checked the employment sections of the various cruise line websites? In case you havnt come across them already, make sure you avoid the cruise employment agency websites where they want to charge you to register or offer some kind of annual subscription. Most of these sites are scams and their jobs are simply ones advertised online elsewhere.

I applied for a couple of positions one took ages to get back to me and the other replied back within a day. I had an interview around a month later and then phone interview about another month after that. It was then another 6 weeks before I was notified of being accepted and I wont start work until I get an assignment which could take a few more months. To summarise it can be a very lengthy so be prepared to wait.