Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Beginner

Default Do i have enough experience to work on a ship

Hi everyone, I just discovered this website (it's amazing). I had a couple of questions and don't know where else to ask! I have been looking into working on a cruise for the past year now. I go to college majoring in strategic communication (public relations) and will be graduating soon. I only have one summer experience of working where I pretty much just filed things and answered phones. I would really want to work on the cruise as a hostess (PR background, outgoing) but could I with so little work experience? Are there any jobs I could get right out of college?

Sorry it was so long, and thanks.
-Tina
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

It is possible. I suggest you go on a cruise and see what some of the people do. A young and pretty or personable lady can get a job as ahostess or cruise staff. Yoiur role would be running games like Trivia or bingo, hosting events, showing people areound the ship, etc.

The best hostesses are bilingual (any language helps; Spanish, French, German, etc.)

If you can show you are good with people and not shy that helps a lot. Once you figure out what job you are qualified for create a resume for that and send it to the cruise lines along with pictures. Let's be honest, it doesn't hurt if you are good looking, although a strong personality can also be an equal asset.