Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2010, 02:33 AM
Passenger

Default Royal Caribbean crew

Hi there , can someone please give me info about flight ticket , how much notice do we normally get before we know where we flying to?? my agent told me that i have to pay for all ticket , but some RC crew told me we only pay one way ...so...!!! if i have to pay for both go and return ticket , can i buy 1 return ticket instead of 2 single? do we know what date we sign off b4 we start ?? 2 single ticket is alot more expensive than 1 return . just 2 single ticket itself = about 1 month wages on ship if we only have short notice to buy the ticket. my position is bar server , hope someone kindly give me some info . thanks
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:26 AM
Familiar Face

You could have a very short notice (like next day) or very long (months), it all depends on when they need you.
Hiring partners often sort out the plane tickets for you, and you pay back the money when you get to the ship.
Bar servers always have to pay for the ticket to the ship, but you should get your ticket home paid (unless you resign). RCCL has to return people to their home country because of US Immigration rules.
You'll be given a projected sign-off date likely when you get to the ship, but it is not set in stone. RCCL can and will lengthen and shorten contracts if it suits them.
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:57 PM
Passenger

thanks for your reply , my agency just dun give me much info at all...he just told me i have to pay for all the ticket go and return. RC always arrange return ticket for us?? coz how can we book ticket while we r on the ship??? it will be so expensive if we hv to look for ticket after we sign off the ship....plus we hv to pay for the hotel...
Old July 1st, 2010, 08:21 PM
Familiar Face

RCCL will arrange flights home for you on the ship before you sign-off. You need not do a thing! Chances are you'll go straight from the ship to the airport on sign-off day. They have to do this because of immigration rules. Simply put, you will not be allowed to stay in a country that is not your's when signing-off.
Perhaps what the hiring partner is talking about is when you return to the ship (for another contract) you'll have to pay for the flight out again (some positions you don't have to do this)?
Rules may've changed (I've not been onboard for a few months now), so ask you're hiring partner for more info. If they don't give it to you, then when you sign-on the ship you have a chance to let RCCL know because all crew fill out a survey about this kind of thing.
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:08 PM
Passenger

thanks for your info