CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Crewmembers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/crewmembers/)
-   -   Letter of employment (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/crewmembers/377822-letter-employment.html)

ming127 November 1st, 2010 12:34 PM

Letter of employment

Can someone tell me if cruiseline company suppose to issue LOE via the internet or by post . i went to US embassy with a printed copy of LOE..and they send me home..they ask for the original copy...but my agent told me that everyone use printed copy now...they dont send out LOE by post anymore . i re-send my application with a letter from my agent supporting my employment..and i got reject again....can someone give me advice? is it true that US embassy should accept a printed copy?? any royal caribbean crew apply the visa with printed copy ? thanks for any info

sz November 2nd, 2010 01:08 AM

The original copy used to have a "seal" on it and be printed on special paper. Is there any way you can call Royal Caribbean crew services directly and ask, instead of going through your agent? Check your PM for the number

I've never applied for a visa so I can't tell you for sure . . .

sissymaryuk November 4th, 2010 06:08 PM

If the US Embassy want's an original copy, then you need to get them an original copy. The US Embassy make the rules in this case, not the hiring partner, and not the cruiselines.

cruiseshipgirl November 5th, 2010 10:21 AM

When I worked for RCCL I used to issue the LOEs for crew when they were going on vacation and I recall that when I left in March this year they were changing over to printed LOEs only. I didn't try applying for an C1/D with a printed LOE but I remember some countries were more strict than others on what they would accept. RCCL will have told all US Embassys that they have changed to printed LOEs but sounds like the Embassy in your country is being very strict. I'd say you need to get your agent to get an original for you as they will be able to speak to RCCL directly to arrange this. It's in your agent's interests to help you so keep emailing or calling them I think. Good luck!

Paul Motter November 5th, 2010 11:31 AM

Good luck. It might help if you told us what nation you are coming from.

ming127 November 5th, 2010 12:24 PM

thanks for all reply ...i am from UK...i wish my agent will help me . as soon as i email him and told him embassy dont accept my LEO...he disappear . i been trying email / sms him..and he doesnt reply anything . he cant be bother to follow my case because he kind of dont believe that embassy dont accept my LEO , he told me that no one ever have problem with the printed copy . but the truth is that embassy dont accept the printed copy in my case . i really dont understand why . is it bcoz i m chinese????

can someone please give me some advise? should i call the RCCL myself? are they allow to talk to me if i was hired through hiring partner?? i got all the doc ready to travel..my visa been approved..all they ask for is the original copy. thanks again

sissymaryuk November 5th, 2010 08:10 PM

I would try calling (not emailing) the agent. If he still doesn't want to deal with the problem, then you should call RCCL. I imagine you would want to speak to either the scheduler for your job position, or someone in the HR department. The bottom line is if the US Embassy want's an original of the letter, then you have to give them it before they'll issue the visa. The US Embassy is highly unlikely to change its position on this.

ming127 November 5th, 2010 09:28 PM

yes..i know US embassy wont issue me the visa before i send the original copy..bcoz this is the 2nd time they refuse to process my visa . 1st time was ..when i travel to london...after interview , she told me that she cant process my visa coz she want to see the original copy ..i came home...spoke to my agent...he told me to try again...so..i send the same letter again..together with a letter from my agent to support my employment but they send me back my passport without processing again.

i think i have to call the RCCL myself...since my agent been ignoring all my email/sms...he cant be bother to follow up my case . hope RCCL will help me . thanks again for all reply