CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Crewmembers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/crewmembers/)
-   -   Will I get fired for having tattoo????? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/crewmembers/385698-will-i-get-fired-having-tattoo.html)

mikeymacksz October 27th, 2011 08:23 PM

Will I get fired for having tattoo?????

I have tattoos and my recruiter said they are not allowed at all. My interviewer did not see them and im scared they will fire me once i get to the ship what do i do?:mad:

taoist October 28th, 2011 03:47 AM

Well its a question of whether they are visibly tatoo's or not, I know crew members who have tatoo's but they are on their back or shoulders, where they cannot be seen in uniform. I believe this is fine.
As long as they are not seen I "think" you should be ok, but I dont know your specific cruise line policy.

If however you have it on your forearm or shins then this could be a problem, if your uniform is for excursion or sports staff you may wear shorts.
If its something like a tattoo on your neck that I have seen becoming more popular, well....I think you can kiss goodbye to working on cruise ships.

johnthed0g October 28th, 2011 06:31 AM

Never seen the point of tattoos, or piercings other than earrings either. There are some ladies who will regret having them done when things start to drop! I don't find them THAT offensive, just don't see the point.

Bruce Chafkin1 October 28th, 2011 06:50 PM

Visible tattoos are a big no-no in the cruise industry.
Sometimes people with tattoos get past the recruiters.
If they make it to my ship, I send them home on the next flight.

Donna October 28th, 2011 08:22 PM

MM,
Where are your tatoo's, visible when wearing a work uniform?

jenny614 November 15th, 2011 10:17 AM

if you cover them with makeup will you be ok??

mosiegirl November 24th, 2011 12:39 PM

I was on the Carnival Sensation Oct 9-13 2011..and I can honestly say (I was a guest) that there was one dancer who had a MASSIVE tattoo across his back shoulders..and in one Show, called Curves, which required the male dancers to be topless, they put flesh coloured tape across his back shoulders to cover the tattoo.. This backfired, as the tape started to peel off and looked absolutely hidious ! It would have been better to just not cover it at all.

Beetlegator May 6th, 2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Chafkin1 (Post 1398949)
Visible tattoos are a big no-no in the cruise industry.
Sometimes people with tattoos get past the recruiters.
If they make it to my ship, I send them home on the next flight.

You forgot to mention that the crew member has to pay for their flight home.

I just attended NCL job fair for the Pride of America and visible tattoos are a NO-NO.

Of course, I could be wrong.

See below:

Norwegian Cruise Line entertainment staff -- Pride of America - YouTube

bernie110984 May 6th, 2012 04:57 PM

It really does depends... I was unable to work as youth staff for Disney due to a wrist tattoo, however RCCL have no problem with it.

Marsdude May 9th, 2012 10:57 AM

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Have I just been transported to the fifties?

Who cares if someone has a tattoo or not?

bernie110984 May 9th, 2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsdude (Post 1427931)

Tell me about it.... but the cruise lines do care!!! Image and all that jazz!:roll:

sz May 9th, 2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsdude (Post 1427931)

Also the clientele cares - on many of the cruise lines the average age of the pax is about 70 sometimes :shock: No, really. So yes, you're living in the heyday of the '50 and 60's.

Disney is known for having pretty tight 'image' requirements - if you want the job that bad, you'll fit the mold. If not . . there's a lot more places to work and travel.

Honey8201 May 10th, 2012 12:23 AM

It depends on who you work for and what you do...and if you can cover the tattoos. As far as I have seen, if you have a tattoo and work for a cruise line you have to cover it up. However, if you can cover it with a band-aid or flesh-colored tape it is fine. I know a musician who wears long sleeved shirts to cover his arm tattoos, and he has been on ships for three years now.

If you got the job and really are worried, find some makeup or bandages to cover the tattoos up, and you will be fine.

Good luck!

Wilfred franklin March 5th, 2014 07:40 AM

tattoo

helloo mam

i am franklin from india,
i wanna work as bar staff in cruise but i hav to small tattoos on my wrist.
do i get any problem

regards
franklin