Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default NCL VS Carnival A/V video production jobs

I heard that Carnival is very technical when looking for video production crew and that they hire more techy types/camera men types.

and then I hear that NCL is more creative, hires above the line and below the line for all their productions and that they use industry standard software (software like FCP) which carnival does not.

Can anyone confirm this information? I'm looking for above the line jobs in their entertainment department but every time I go to see what jobs are open it's always talent auditions.

I'm not interested in becoming a camera person. I would like to be on the producing team coordinating shows, weddings, live events, and be part of the creative entertainment team (producers, directors) not the technical team (audio/camera/TD/grips etc)
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Carnival does require a tec background and so do RCCL, you need to be more interested in actual camera work and editing aswell as maintenance and fault finding. Carnival are in the process of changing to the adobe range for editing and they're using JVC's pro-sumer range for HD acquisition, i'd be surprised if any line were using FCP but RCCL use AVID (Basic version's but still industry spec)

To my knowledge (which is only with Carnival & RCCL) you must go in on the ground floor, shooting and editing then if successful making your way upto A/V Manager where you'll then be able to have more of a creative input but the cruise director will always have final say on any ideas (they are the boss after all)
Old February 8th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Welcome Newcomer

thanks so much simon!