LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Entertainment Dept Job Descriptions

What's the difference between:

Social Hostess/Host
Activity Coordinator's
Cruise Staff

I went to several sites that gave job descriptions for each, but they all had the same job description.

I'm also wondering why it is required for these positions to also want to be the talent. It sounds like you have to organize behind the scenes entertainment events and also act/sing/dance etc?

I thought cruise ships hired talent, and then hired behind the scenes crew to come up with ideas, delegate crew positions and be in charge of all event planning...
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Welcome Newcomer

do you know if NCL have college like carnival does?
Old February 9th, 2012, 09:14 PM
First Mate

Cruise staff are the people who host the cruise directors division events like bingo, dance parties, trivias, dance/craft classes and usually work crowd control for tendering or at the gangway for ports.

I'm guessing the activities coordinator is probably the same as an assistant cruise director or activities manager, who schedules/supervises the cruise staff and reports to the cruise director.

A social hostess/host may do some of the same jobs/events as cruise staff, but may have more administrative duties - arranging for people to dine with the captain, sending amenities to VIPs, arranging onboard weddings etc. My line has transited this job to a "cruise program admin" - who also does the division ordering of supplies/training schedules/budget recordkeeping/etc, etc.