Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Familiar Face

Default Passengers befriending crew members

Are crew members allowed to become friendly with passengers and spend their off-duty time together during a shore excursion?
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default hanging with crew members.

Years ago, on a carribean cruise, 7 day, was with a large group of friends.

I think it was carnival CL, there was a topless deck and we were all hanging out up there most of the days partying, i think they called it the european deck.

There was our cocktail waitress working the deck, her name was veronika from estonia. I can see her face now. She also worked as a cocktail waitress for some of the shows we went to.

I think the second night of the cruise, at one of the shows while she was working, after a full day on the deck when she was working, She handed me a note telling me where to meet her after she got off the clock. I had been flirting with her all day.

I did, she ended up taking me down to the crew deck for a crew party, hanging out with all the waiters/servers etc.

I never did an excursion with her but we definitely spent some quality time together.
Old March 24th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Going into crew areas is forbidden as far as I know, but we have been on excursions with crew members, they go ashore too & often act as tour guides.
Old March 24th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mictodric View Post
Years ago, on a carribean cruise, 7 day, was with a large group of friends.

I think it was carnival CL, there was a topless deck and we were all hanging out up there most of the days partying, i think they called it the european deck.

There was our cocktail waitress working the deck, her name was veronika from estonia. I can see her face now. She also worked as a cocktail waitress for some of the shows we went to.

I think the second night of the cruise, at one of the shows while she was working, after a full day on the deck when she was working, She handed me a note telling me where to meet her after she got off the clock. I had been flirting with her all day.

I did, she ended up taking me down to the crew deck for a crew party, hanging out with all the waiters/servers etc.

I never did an excursion with her but we definitely spent some quality time together.
Rare....glad it worked out for you.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old March 24th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Captain

Crew doing excursions is actually quite popular. I almost always recognize one or 2 of our group as staff on their day off.
Old March 24th, 2012, 11:53 PM
First Mate

Default Rules

To your question, crew have set rules about interacting with passengers and can loose their jobs if seen in cabins regardless of whose.
Meeting on shore is not an issue normally but one still has to be discreet.
A lot of ships excursions will have a crew member or two onboard the tour bus who represent the ship and they help the driver or guide and depending on their role can be responsible for your presence or not.

Remember that they work on that ship for a few months at a time and you are only present for a week or so. If you wish a relationship be discreet and respect the rules as if they loose a job because of you , they have to pay their way back and their family is out expected wages.

Just because they are friendly to you on the ship do not expect that to be so on land when they are off duty as they might think you are placing them in an awkward position. DO not force anything , be patient and respectful
Sure, you might meet the love of your life, time will tell
Web site: http://robbarcruises.wordpress.com/