Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 9th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Recruitment agencies that cater to Americans?

Hello,

Although I've recently been requested for an interview with Princess for a seasonal youth staff position, I am still sending my resume everywhere I possibly can because I'm not really sure what this means, or if they even hire me.

I've noticed most recruiters cater to the UK and other parts of Europe, but have not found any that work with Americans. I tried Cast-A-Way but after sending my information, a message automatically popped up saying they were not looking to hire right now.

Any advice, or suggested recruiters?

-Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2012, 09:46 PM
First Mate

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - but................

I carry an American passport, and I have worked on cruise ships for over 3 decades. But that is very unusual.

Most cruise lines will not hire Americans - except for entertainment or child-care positions.
Our American countrymen have proven far too many times that they are not the ideal cruise line employees.
Far too often, drug and alcohol abuse have gotten most of them fired.
Those who survived the chemical abuse tests were not willing to work as hard or as long as those from other countries.
Those who survived the other issues were not able to get along with crewmembers from other countries.
Those who survived everything else were not able to suffer the verbal abuse from our passengers.

As a result, there are no viable cruise line recruitment agencies for Americans. In America you will find many websites and companies claiming to be recruiters for cruise lines. These people are scamming you and only trying to get money out of your pockets.

I have tried for many years to get cruise line jobs for Americans. I was burned EVERY SINGLE TIME. I will no longer recommend any American for a cruise line job. Sadly, they just cannot handle it.
Old December 10th, 2012, 01:00 PM
First Mate

Here are two legit hiring partners - I do know many US crew who have been hired by both. Pretty much ALL from the Cruise Division - i.e. entertainment technicians/cruise staff/youth staff/DJ's. Seven Seas has an office in Miami.

Country UNITED STATES
Hiring Partner The Seven Seas Group
Tel (+1) 305-600-2408
Email jorge.florez@ssg.eu.com
Website Seven Seas Group : Home : Recruitment for jobs on cruise ships.
Hiring for Hotel

Country UNITED STATES
Hiring Partner Just Cruis'n Recruitment Inc.
Tel (+1) 514-475-5953
Email kim@cruiseshipemployment.ca
Website www.cruiseshipemployment.ca
Hiring for Hotel

As Bruce says, there are way too many sites and companies out there looking to separate you from your money -
About Hiring Partners - Royal Caribbean Shipboard Careers - make sure to read the scam alert info on this page.

Also - It REALLY helps to be bilingual - Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and German are the most requested.

This sometimes takes some work, but be diligent in digging into each lines website and try to apply directly online. IF you manage to get into the interview process, you will be sent to the legitimate hiring partner for screening anyway.

PS - don't forget Disney. They'll be moving all four of their ships over to the States over the next year
Old December 10th, 2012, 04:52 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sz View Post
Here are two legit hiring partners - I do know many US crew who have been hired by both. Pretty much ALL from the Cruise Division - i.e. entertainment technicians/cruise staff/youth staff/DJ's. Seven Seas has an office in Miami.

*snip*

PS - don't forget Disney. They'll be moving all four of their ships over to the States over the next year
DCLJobs.com - Technically all 4 ships are *in* the states right now.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Old December 10th, 2012, 06:11 PM
First Mate

Well - let me qualify why I said it . . all ships in the country year around, mostly American guests, better chance for US citizens to work on one (less travel expense to the company, less needing those other languages - though Spanish will always be preferred)

There's no place like home for Disney Cruise Line in 2014 - Orlando Sentinel

Old December 10th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you sz! I've heard over and over that most lines do not hire Americans but I refuse to let that discourage me. It's been done before. I have never had anything come to me easy, and I don't expect this to be an exception but I'll keep trying until I'm blue in the face.

As far as my (possible) interview goes. It is with Princess for seasonal youth staff position and the dates are 12/19/2012-1/02/2012. The recruitment coordinator who contacted me is out of office until tomorrow so I don't have much information. Is this a good way to get my foot in the door? Do seasonal employees have a better chance to become permanent than someone who has never worked with the line? Sorry for all the questions but I'm so curious!

NCL hires quite a few Americans through their job fairs but I wish they would have one in Arizona. They have a corporate office over here, maybe I should just camp out there with my resume and a sign that says "Hire me!" I'd probably just end up with a restraining order though.
Old April 10th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Ok.
I think contact to any recruitment consultants is the best option for you. Hire a experienced consultants have experienced more then five years. Because if they have more then 5 years experience i.e guys have good contacts and they can place you better.. GCB service the name i will suggest to you.

it recruitment services