Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Frustrated with NCL recruiting

Hi volks, I did a Skype interview with NCL right before Xmas and few days later they called me to tell me that they would have hired me starting soon, i.e. in January. I said that I was very interested but based on a salary research for that position, the proposed salary was below my expectations. They said that they would have not hired me if I was not satisfied and they would have let me know about other positions.
Now I am trying to get an update from them about my enrollment status and they do not even answer. And I think this is not polite because everybody is worth an answer.
Do you have any suggestions to escape from this situation?
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:11 AM
First Mate

Honestly - I wouldn't expect to hear back from them. All cruise lines get literally hundreds of resumes/CVs every day. If you said 'no thanks' due to salary, they probably had someone else lined up who did take the job.

I'm guessing that you'd have to apply for another position as I don't think they'll take the time to find what they think you could also do, especially since you turned them down once.

Wait and apply again? Or perhaps try another line . . . NCL is not one of the highest paying lines, but it helps to have cruise line experience to get the better paying positions elsewhere. You might want to rethink your salary expectations and take a short contract to get your foot in the door.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for your opinion SZ!
Actually what frustrates me is that I confirmed first during the interview and after with 2 emails that I would have appreciated a performance bonus but I would have accepted the job anyway. No answer anyway.
To me it seems like it's forbidden to express an opinion about salary... They could have written "non negotiable" on the job post!
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Sounds like you were offered a position at a standard salary, but tried to negotiate a bonus package before you were even working there. You personally think you are worth more, but that's not how an entry level position salary works reguardless of what company you apply to. They've likely to have moved on to applicants who were happy just to get a job.