Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default P & O Australia (Princess) Videographer Uniform and Packing Questions

I'm leaving in a few weeks to join a ship for P & O Australia as a videographer. I'm a little lacking on an idea of what to pack, as far as personal clothes (I know I'll be in uniform(s) for pretty much the entire time... but I don't want to not "feel cool" in what I wear if I do get some free time here and there in ports of call.

Additionally, I would be very appreciative if anybody out there has some info on the uniforms-- what I will expect to wear everyday (they're making me bring black pants and business casual black shoes, and they issue polo shirts and khaki shorts and I must bring my own white shoes. I was wondering what we wear most of the time, and if I can bring my own Khaki shorts too to wear with the uniform...

I guess what I'm looking for is a basic rundown of what to expect with attire in uniform and beyond.

Also, any videographers, I'd love some info on what to expect in general....
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:09 AM
Welcome Newcomer

hey dude, welcome. P&O Aust is great, really relaxed. You'll be in polo and shorts literally most the time, and white shoes (can be anything - converse are popular, but any canvas shoe or sandshoes if you're into comfy - you'll need to wear socks if you're filming on the islands - sand gets everywhere). Formal night is the blacks (once a week). Not sure about bringing your own shorts, it's a specific khaki colour with embroidered logo. If you're working outdoors or deck parties you'll get outdoor gear.

Um as far as personal stuff goes, everyone chills out in t-shirts/singlets and boardies/jeans with thongs (flip flops), or hoodies/jumpers if cold. That goes for crew areas and pretty much everywhere the ship visits too. Take swimmers & flipflops, one nice outfit for fancy outings. If you're a girl (can't tell, sorry) anything goes, wear what you want. If you're on NZ cruises you need something warm for under your shirt if you get cold easy, the island cruises are cold the first two nights then hot. The coastals can be pretty hot too but only til May.

I'm not a videographer so can't help there sorry.

Dunno which ship you're on but have a great contract, might see you around.
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Welcome Newcomer

DANKE! Cheers, mate!
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Cool

Just got my contract. I'll be on the Pacific Dawn beginning the 12th of February. STOKED is an understatement, although I know I'll work my ass off.

I suppose that means Brisbane will be the port I see most often?
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I remember getting my first contract. I was walking on air! Congrats.

Just take shorts and polo shirts for off duty. Do try not to be too much of a slob at any time, remember you represent the company.
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for the tip, Paul! I'm always one who takes pride in my appearance, so my biggest problem won't be looking like a slob, it will be my temptation to pack too much, lol.