CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Crewmembers (
-   -   cabin in contract (

pianobarrister January 29th, 2013 12:26 PM

cabin in contract

I am new to this forum and the industry, preparing an entertainment application for a position that generally enjoys the luxury of a single cabin. This is an important benefit to me, and I am wondering if it can be confirmed in the contract, or whether the protocol is to just accept the word of the management and hope for the best at embarkation. I would prefer to be as specific as possible about expectations, but do not want to come off as a presumptuous newbie.

Thanks, any insight would be much appreciated.

sz January 30th, 2013 11:33 AM

It will be stated in your contract. You won't be able to get or negotiate once onboard. In entertainment - the only crew that get single cabins would be Dance Captain, Musical Director, some 'featured' singers, and 'some' guest entertainers i.e. those paid from shoreside or via their agents (not onboard the ship). If guessing from your name you're a piano bar entertainer, you'd probably get a single cabin, but if you're in the ship orchestra, top 40 band, jazz or B band, those almost always share.

And yes - it's OK to ask if the position gets a single cabin, but you really can't demand one. Also, it might happen that you're alone in an inside bunk bed cabin or you may luck out and get an outside with a porthole.

pianobarrister January 30th, 2013 09:55 PM

Thanks very much... yes, I play piano bar. Good to know that cabin status will be confirmed in contract.